Chapter 24

(Scourge's POV)

Oh god. I tried to dodge the bullet the best I could, but it was too late when I realized they weren't aiming for me. I got in the way of Mephiles, to get shot in the leg. I screamed out, as I was about to tell Shadow to watch out.

Shadow's back was to me, and he slowly stopped moving. He stopped attacking, while he was still getting hit by bullets. What was he doing...? Shadow turned slightly, his hand on his heart, blood covered his hand. Oh god, as he fell to his knees, he got shot in the head. His eyes widen as he fell to the ground, and I heard Mephiles scream as I stared at Shadow. Shadow's eyes dulled as he stared at nothing. I thought he was just joking, but it was just hitting me. Shadow..... Shadows dead... H-How are we going to tell Sonic...?

(Shadow's POV)

I couldn't move... My head and chest hurt for some reason. Everything was numb and cold. I was surrounded by darkness. What was happening? I remember we were saving Sonic, right?

Ugh... My head was throbbing. I groaned, and tried to look around. The only thing I saw out of the darkness was Mephiles. But he was different. His skin looked like crystals? And he was killing every guard that came near us. I groaned and pushed myself up. My shirt was stained with blood and I had dried blood down my face. What happened...?

"Shadow!" I heard Scourge yell as he tackled me. He dragged me to the side, trying to get me out of range of my brothers rampage. "How in the hell are you still alive?!" I groaned and tried to remember.

"What do you mean? 'Still alive?'" Scourge sighed. "What even happened?.." The shooting and screaming soon stop. The sirens echoed in the halls, making my headache even worse. Mephiles was panting, his hands were claws, drenched in the blood of his victims. I watched as he slowly turn around, the white of his eyes were red. Slowly he realise, his eyes widening.

"Shad.. ow..?" Mephiles crystal like skin slowly went back to normal, along with his eyes. "You're alive!" Tears streamed down as he hugged me. Seriously, what happened? Why do they keep acting like I died? If I was dead, I wouldn't b- Then it hit me.. I had that same feeling before.. Multiple times. Back when I throwing up blood from my coughing fit, I died. I never really thought I died, I just passed out... I must've died back at the cliff too...

~Flashback~

I panted as I ran as fast as I could. I didn't want to think of what just happened. I couldn't forgive myself. I killed my brother... or he'll die from his wounds. Silver was right, it's all my fault.

It was so dark, I couldn't see in front of me. I barely managed to dodged the trees, only to get my leg caught on a branch. I felt it snap, making me go sideways. I rolled off a cliff, just catching the edge. I groaned, coughing blood up. I was in so much pain, I felt my leg dangling. I grunted as I felt the rock shift, breaking. I couldn't move, it was gonna give at any second. Why couldn't I move?!

Shit! I tumbled down the cliff, feeling more of my bones crack and break. I just wish all this pain would just go away. Well I got what I wished for. I was stopped by a sharp edge of a rock. My head snapped around, breaking my neck.. My pain turn numb and my vision faded. I felt cold...

~End of Flashback~

"I can't die..." All that testing, the surgeries and everything I gone through. They made me immortal..

"What?.." I saw Scourges expression change from relief to shock. 

"What is he talking about..?" I just slowly stood. This was a lot to take in right now. "L-Let's just get out of here.. I hear more guards coming." Mephiles quickly got the door opened and we got Sonic out. Mephiles gently pulled me along. I just pull away from him, picked up Sonic and bolted off. Scourge and Mephiles followed closely behind, Scourge limping. Laura had already left, knowing we would get home.

At home, I just held on to Sonic. I never wanted to let him go again. I rested my ear against his heart, trying to calm myself. He just sighed, wanted this day to be over. It had to at least six in the morning, the sun was just starting to rise.

Mephiles and Scourge stayed here, Laura fixing up Scourge leg. Mephiles just stared out the window. I bet he was confused and scared learning about me... Heck I was kind of scared. Apparently, I was immortal and can't be killed. This might just mean, I will live past the others.. I have to watch my love ones die while I continued to live on.
I was snapped out of my thought, hearing Sonic lightly snoring. Scourge rested his hand on my shoulder.

"You should really stop thinking what happened...Just.. Let it go. We got Sonic back. It comes to a point we need to talk about it. We will. Let's just drop this for now. I'm tired.." Scourge groaned. He clearly was tensed from the silence. We all jumped, except for Sonic, hearing a car door slam. Fiona walked in and sighed. I just sighed and turned away from everyone.

"Well.. I'm gonna go home...." I heard Mephiles say. "And clean up... See ya later.." With that, he just left. Scourge said his goodbyes and I was left with Laura and Sonic.

(Laura's POV)

I can't believe Shadow.. More like I can't believe what my brother did to him.. That's why he was getting his those coughing fits. It was killing him, making him immortal. He already had a super fast healing ability, now they gone and done this...? To be honest, I think I read on his file that he is also immune to all diseases. Great. They basically made him a weapon.. What was that place plan on doing?..

Shadow fell asleep with Sonic leaning on him. I had to check... I gently touch his cheek, only for him to freak out. Luckily for me, it was only a reflex.. Shadow slowly relax, dropping his hand. I sighed, and checked his pulse. I was shocked... His pulse was way off.. To me it felt as his pulse went every few seconds.

"Laura..? What are you doing?.." Sonic yawned. I just quickly pulled away.

"O-Oh! Nothing! I was just checking on you guys." I sighed, before giving a small smile. He looked at me weird. Oh. I was the weird one.. He was a guy and PREGNANT! With triplets! And I was the weird one for just talking! I groaned and walked away. I didn't want to think right now. I wish everything will just be over with. I just need to go outside, for some fresh air.

It was getting colder outside, fall was going to end soon and Christmas was going to come soon. It was October.. And Sonic was six months.. He had to be due around Christmas.. I really need to set rooms up or at least one for Sonic and his children. I really need to get a bigger home for us. This was only a three bedroom, two bath.

Plus, how am I gonna keep enough food for all of us? I barely could with the HUGE appetite with Sonic and Shadow. Great.. But in the end, everything will be alright. What else could go wrong?...

-Time Skip-

It had to been a few days since we got Sonic back. Shadow kept having nightmares, but refused to talk about them. I think it was mainly about his family, and him knowing about he being immortal. He would just sit and stare out the window. He had dark circles under eyes and rarely slept. Shadow was refusing to eat anything, he just sat and stared out the window.

Sonic was stressing out over him, worried he'll do something stupid. Heck, I was stressing out over both of them! I never really had to take care of anyone other than myself. They were like kids, none of them had much school. The children with powers weren't allowed in schools. They had to be home schooled or something.. They had struggles with reading and basic math. Shadow was a little more ahead than the others, but didn't really understand a lot. He knew how to read a lot better than anyone.

Theses two were just big versions of kids, causing me to stress over them. I'm happy when it's finally time to go to bed. I had time to myself, and didn't have to stress or do anything.

Now, my stress levels were ten times higher than normal. Shadow was basically killing himself, but he can't die, Sonic was pregnant and his due date was going to come soon. Everything just continues to get worse and worse. I just need to calm down, and think positive. Maybe I just need a day to myself? Maybe I'll just go to the spa one day. Maybe Fiona or Silver can come watch these guys. Yeah, I just need some down time and relax for awhile. I just wish everything would go right for once..