(Glorfindel X Reader) "But Rather Love"

For Twag53
I changed it up a tiny bit, but a majority of it follows along with your request.

The sun shone brilliantly upon the land of Rivendell. The halls erupted with sunlight and the fragrant scents of spring. All were at peace, and yet none were.

Elrond strode proudly along with his youngest daughter, (Y/N), as the two made their way to the council hall for a minorly important meeting. The council had been called upon only a mere hour previously, and so much bustling had occurred between that time and now. However, perhaps the most busy of the elves had been young (Y/N).

She was to guide her first council on this day, just as her elder sister Arwen had done many years ago. And as a result, immense fear had over come her. (Y/N) had been practising addressing the council from the moment that sunrise arose, and she had managed to at the same time fix her hair and choose a delicate, regal outfit.

Despite all which she had done to ready herself, (Y/N) was still very much afraid of the moments to come. Quietly, she fretted, and yet her father had still taken notice.

"My dear (Y/N), what troubles you my daughter?" Elrond asked, his deep voice filled with concern.

(Y/N) turned to face her father and opened her mouth to speak. Yet she stood in silence for several moments before what she deemed the proper response came upon her.

"I am simply very afraid of saying the wrong thing, father. This entire meeting relies upon my communication skills, in which we both know I am rather lacking," (Y/N) replied. Elrond sighed and placed his hand gently upon (Y/N)'s shoulder in an attempt to comfort her.

"My child, you will be alright. You are my daughter, meaning that you are also my blood. And as such, you very well may find unexpected skill upon the start of this council."

This only baffled (Y/N), and yet she nodded in forced understanding. Elrond smiled lightly and continued to escort his daughter to the grand hall.

---------------------------

Upon the arrival of the heads of the council, all grew silent. Many of the elves were in great shock due to the fairness of (Y/N), and even for many years after, it was still said that her beauty could very well have surpassed that of her sister Arwen's. (Y/N) had grown very shy around those who claimed that afterwards, mainly all thanks to the fear of upsetting her sister. However, even though all were in awe, only one elf was truly memorized by the appearance of (Y/N).

Glorfindel took his seat respectively next to Elrond, who sat proudly beside his daughter. All the while he watched nearly her every move, attempting to decipher her every thought. Eventually, Elrond caught wind of Glorfindel's curiosity, which greatly angered him. Elrond resolved to remain peaceful during the council, but decided that he would speak harshly with Glorfindel afterwards.

"Everyone, I would like to thank you for attending," (Y/N) spoke loudly and rather clearly, however even the most foolish man could have senses her nervousness. All of the council seemed to be very critical of her greeting, which caused (Y/N) to turn very pale. However, she still managed to continue on after several moments of deadly silence.

"As you may know, today you have been called to discuss the immense issue of traders. Men have been passing through Rivendell very much lately, and...and..."

Glorfindel looked up at her with great concern. He truly did wish that he could help her, however the glare which he had received from Elrond earlier had been a clear warning not to. He sighed and laid back in his seat, angrily returning the gazes omitting from the remainder of the council.