Chapter 18

It was harder to breath with every step i took as i got closer to him. I couldn't hear anything more then the crazy beat of my heart that was about to jump out of my chest. I walked through the room feeling lost, my mind was screaming at me to turn around and walk out, but my body wouldn't follow. I heard the clicking of my heels as they made contact with the floor as i was passing people in the room, trying not to walk into anyone. The air seemed to thick to breath and the box in my hands to heavy to hold any longer.

I found myself 5 steps before the top table they all sat on and i stopped not sure what to do. I looked around just to see Pedro urging me to keep walking and i looked back to not stress myself even more than i already was. Ivet,Irina and then the king followed by 2 guys, thats how they sat not even noticing me as i took my last breath and one big step forward.

The music was still playing but i could feel the stares on my back as i was marching to the king. I took my final step standing right on the bottom of the steps that lead to the royals.I looked up just to notice all of them looking at me including him, him and his perfect deep green eyes that were seeing through me. I was holding the box in my right hand with which i grabbed my red dress and bowed down putting my head down which caused all my curls to fall forward, covering my face and ended up on my shoulders.

"Your majesty, i brought you a gift" i said taking the box into my two hands and putting it in front of me so they could see it, but before i could open it two guards showed up standing right opposite me ready for anything. They glanced at the king and then at me stepping out of the way revealing him looking at me.

"Open it" his voice was rough and husky which made me shudder and grit my teeth together to stop them from trembling and making any unnecessary noises. 

I took the red ribbon off it and lifted the cover revealing whatever was inside that box trying to get a look at it but from my side it was impossible. I dint dare to lift my eyes of that box as i wondered what was in it. I could feel the gaze of Ivet on my shoulders as if she suddenly remembered who i was but didn't say a thing.

"Bring it here" he said without any emotions in his voice not letting me know if hes happy or not with whatever i was holding.

I passed the box into my left hand while i picked up the dress with my right making sure i wont stand on it and trip. I lifted it up and took the few steps up that made me stand just before him which nearly made me shake. I was holding the box in front of him which he took in seconds and accidentally brushing my hand with his fingers that were cold as ice, sending shivers down my spine.

As he took it out i could finally tell what it was, a dagger. He took the knife edge in one hand and the handle in the other looking at it very closely. The knife edge was in similar shape to the S that was stretched and simplified and looked like a flow, the spine was Sharpe looking extremely spiky like teeth, it was joined to a small skull that had two horns coming out from both sides and it was joined to a handle that looked like two massive horns made out of really old pattern, all of it looked as it was made out of pure silver.

"And here i was thinking it got lost forever" he chuckled not taking his eyes off the dagger inspecting it closely but after few seconds he looked at me checking me up and down which made me look to the  ground.

"Where did you found this?" he demanded and i was taken back by the question as i completely had no idea what to answer. I had absolutely no idea where the dagger was from.

"I-i-" great, i sounded very conveniently. I couldn't find the answer to his question as there wasn't any good enough that could satisfy him enough. He coughed impatiently waiting for my answer.

"Its a secret" i responded finally and as soon as those words left my mouth i regretted saying them but in the corner of my eye i notice one of the corners of his lips moving slightly up which made me smile to myself too. Then he looked at me ordering to lift my head up and look at him which i did hesitantly. He stared at me for a while taking my face in and then looked at the dagger once more.