Chapter 13

After looking around he finally found his phone.

He tried texting josh.

To jishwa: josh? Why weren't you at school today?

To: jishwa: did I do anything? If I did I'm so sorry. I just want to know if you're okay.

From jishwa: Hello. This is Josh's mother, Laura. Josh is currently at the hospital and isn't aloud to have any contact with anyone at the moment.

To jishwa: oh my, what happened to him? Is he going to be okay?

From jishwa: well, he got beaten up by a few guys last night..I found him near our porch bleeding.

To jishwa: could I please see him? I need to talk to him and be with him.

From jishwa: I'm sorry but no. He's been sleeping since last night and I can assure you that he will be alright. I know he means a lot to you.

To jishwa: yes he does. Thank you.
___________

Tyler didn't care what Josh's mother said-- he needed to see josh.

It was a small town and everyone knew each other so it wouldn't be that hard to find out what hospital josh went to. He went to the closest one after school.

Tyler walked into the hospital. The smell made him gag..a sick smell of burnt plastic filled his nose.

"I'm here to visit a Joshua Dun" Tyler told the lady near the front desk. Tyler knew how desperate he looked by his shaking hands but he didn't care, he just wanted to see josh.

The lady had a tag that read "Janis"
Janis had bright red lipstick on her teeth and thin lips, along with thick uneven eyebrows.

It was silent for a moment-- all you could hear was clicking and typing coming from Janis trying to find a Joshua Dun in the hospital.

"Are you family?" She said looking up at Tyler.

"Um....I'm his cousin." Tyler said looking nervous.

"What's your name?" Janis said without taking her eyes off him.

"T-Tyler"

"Mhmmmm..tell you what Tyler" she said standing up. "His mother doesn't want any visitors"

"Look, im not his cousin I'm just a very concerned friend and I need to see him..please?" Tyler said

"Room 29, only 10 minutes" she said rolling her eyes.

"Thank you Janis." Tyler said as he quickly walked over to find room 29.