Chapter 35

Two weeks(and three days) later

          The wedding was textbook and perfect. Everything went according to plan. I am now, officially, Levy Redfox. The reception was amazing. Everyone danced, drank, and had a good time. Lucy's maid of honor speech was lovely. I didn't do a lot of dancing, but people were very understanding. That's because were also announced the twins. Everyone cheered for us. The men, and Cana, all heavily drank to their health.

          I spent most of my time at the reception with my girl friends and Gajeel. I didn't partake of any alcohol, but Wendy, Asuka, Lucy, and I had milkshakes. Gajeel was slammed by ten thirty. Natsu and Gray were even more drunk than him, thirty minutes later. I had to stop him from having a drinking contest with an already hammered Cana Alberona. It didn't take much, to stop him. I just had to pout and tell him to stop, for me. 

          With most of the guild passed out on the floor,  Mira, who is only a tad bit drunk, helps me to stagger Gajeel home. I don't think I could carry all of his weight home, without going against Porlyusica's instructions against heavy lifting. Mira is happy to take him most of the way. She's very understanding of my situation. When we get to my house, Mira sets him on the couch and decides to head back to Fairy Hills. We wave at each other as she walks down the street.

          With Gajeel passed out on the couch, I slept in our room, alone, and made breakfast in the morning. It was our first breakfast together. It was pancakes and bacon. I also made some strong coffee to help Gajeel with his hangover. It was pretty epic.

          Now, Gajeel and I are having our honeymoon in Oaktown. The Dark Guild Museum is doing well. The historian we cleared out the castle for is very grateful. He let us take a tour, for free. It was very nice. He made Gajeel's room into a special room, honoring him. It tells all about his life and redemption. He's very proud of it.

          After going to the museum, Gajeel and I go back to the hotel we stayed at, last time. This time, however, neither of us are discussing who will take the couch. We drop off our things and changing into some nicer clothes, because Gajeel is taking me out to dinner. He has his suit on and I'm wearing a white dress with orange that fades upward about a foot from the bottom. I also have on some nice sandals. 

          From what Gajeel tells me, this place we're going to is very nice. He made the reservations a week ago and set everything up. At four-thirty, we make our way to the restaurant. I feel  many pairs of eyes on me, as I step out of the magic mobile. Gajeel takes my arm and we walk in together, arm in arm. Gajeel gives a waiter his name and the nice looking man leads us to a table, set for two. Once we are seated, the waiter pours us a glass of wine. Then he hands us menus. Gajeel orders for us. He gets me a salad and orders a steak for himself.

          When the waiter leaves, and look at Gajeel and ask him, "Is it rude, if I don't drink the wine? I don't want to hurt the twins." He grins at me and lets out a little chuckle.

          "The alcohol content in this stuff is almost nonexistent. And wine has some health benefits, besides. It can be good for your heart, to have a little bit," Gajeel explains. He winks at me and chuckles again. I giggle back at him and take a sip. The wine is sweet, but I can feel the tell tale sting of the alcohol, at the back of my throat. It's not all that bad, but I would prefer something else. I take random sips, for Gajeel's sake, though.

          When the food arrives, Gajeel and I eat, quietly. I'm glad that he isn't the loud type, like Natsu. He's more reserved, like Laxus. He compliments my lifestyle; Quite, caring, and protective. Natsu is more spontaneous, reckless, and loud. Lucy compliments him, because she knows how to calm him down and keep him from going wild.

          After dinner, Gajeel and I split a dark chocolate lava cake with French vanilla icecream. It is so good! I tell Gajeel that we'll have to find a recipe for it, because I love it. It also say that we should visit here, more often. Gajeel agrees.

          Next, we go back to Lookout Point. There are a few people there. Gajeel and I sit on one of the new benches and he drapes his arm around my shoulders. We watch as the sets over the fields. I don't think this will ever be better than the first time, though; Just Gajeel and me being on our first date and him kissing me for the first time. That was amazing. Not that this isn't still great.

          While we sit and watch the sun sink below the horizon, Gajeel kisses the top of my head. I turn my head up and smile at him. We exchange a soft and drawn out kiss. As I look into his eyes, I see how much softer they have become. He no long stares at everyone with fear and anger. He sees friends and family. He sees just how much I love him. He sees a future for himself, with me and our children. I see it too.