Secrets and Lies

I looked at a picture of me and Gen of our 3rd week of being Married. We were in the forest leaning against a tree staring at each other. I was smiling at her with such love and adoration. She looked at me with an expression with love. I was ready to kiss her when the picture was taken. She was wearing a short dress that went to her thighs with thin noddle straps. Her long blonde hair was bound in a pony tail before she had dyed it to the brown color. I was wearing my button up shirt and nice dress pants. The grass was tall and it was shady where we were underneath the tree.

 The grass was tall and it was shady where we were underneath the tree

I sighed and smiled at the picture. I put it back where it was sitting on the nightstand. I picked up another picture and looked at it. The picture was me holding Johnny the night after we had lost Gen the first time. I was holding him in my arms as he cried himself to sleep against my shoulder.

 I was holding him in my arms as he cried himself to sleep against my shoulder

I put that picture back and wiped my face. It had been 4 1/2 weeks since the funeral. I leaned back against the head board and looked at the twins. They were sleeping peacefully. I sighed and stood up. I walked into the living room and sat down into my chair. I leaned against the back and Mrs. Hudson was making me some tea. "Oh your up that's good."

"I've been up for the last 4 1/2 weeks I can't sleep anymore you know this." she nodded and handed me a cup of tea. I lifted it to my lips and started to drink. "Thank you by the way." she nodded and walked downstairs. I sighed and finished the cup of tea. I put it onto the table next to me and William walked into the living room.

"Hey dad can Scott and I go visit mum?" Mrs. Hudson looked at them.

"Sherlock why don't you go with them?" I shook my head and they left.

William

I looked at Scott. "Hey how are you doing?"

"I'm alright I guess I just feel bad for my dad, Johnny and Sherlock Mary."

"But you're going to help them right?" I nodded and sighed. We called a cab and climbed in. "To the Cemetery please." I looked out the window as we were driving through town. 

"Hey do you really think that I would be able to help dad?" I looked at Scott.

"I don't know your dad is a mystery to everyone that knows him. I have no idea. If anyone could help him."