6

Peter looks at Edmund who draws his sword.

"Peter are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask as he holds the top of his sword, about to draw it.

"Let there be a little fun Sophia" Peter spoke in a monotone voice to me.

Peter hands his sword to Trumpkin and as he takes it the sword drops in the sand. Edmund smiles at Peter, knowing if Trumpkin could not hold the sword, he would be the winner.

Suddenly, Trumpkin knocks Edmund's sword away and swings. Edmund ducks, and Trumpkin hits him in the face. Edmund backs off.

"Edmund!" Lucy squeals.

"Aww, you alright?" Trumpkin mocks him.

They circle around and continue fighting. Trumpkin slashesat Edmund's feet, but he jumps with both feet off theground so that the blow goes under him. A few secondslater, the Dwarf's sword flies out of his grip. Trumpkinstares, and falls down in the sand.

"Beards and bedsteads!" He spoke in shock. "Maybe that horn workedafter all."

"What horn?" Susan asked.

***

Caspian, with his head bandaged, opens his eyes. He takes off the bandage and gets up. He looks up and sees himself in a strange environment, which panicked him greatly. He walked to the door and slowly opened it, looking around the corner, he saw two small figures walking around.

"This bread is so stale." A small man groans and moans.

"I‟ll just get him some soup then." The badger speaks referring to Caspian.

"You said you were going to get rid of him." the dwarf snaps again to him.

"No, I said I‟d take care of him." The badger defended the future King once again.

"Well, I don‟t think I hit him hard enough."

"Nikabrik, he‟s just a boy!"

"He‟s a Telmarine, not some lost puppy!"

"We can‟t kill him now, not after bandaging its head." Badger spoke as he poured homemade soup in. "It would be like murdering a guest."

"Ah, and how do you think his friends are treating their guest?" Nikabrik spoke standing up and walking over to badger.

"Trumpkin knew what he was doing." he spoke setting the spoon back into the soup gently.

Caspian bolts for the door, making Trufflehunter drop the bowl of soup. Nikabrik stands in Caspian's the way; Caspian pulls a hot poker from the fire and blocks Nikabrik's blows. They keep at each other, getting Nikabrik angrier.

"See? I told you we should have killed him when we had the chance!" He snapped to badger as he hit back at Caspian once again.

"You know why we can‟t!" The badger named Trufflehunter aruged back calmfully trying to wipe the soup that was dropped.

"If you‟re taking a vote, I‟m with him." Caspian smartly spoke referring to the badgers comment.

"We can‟t let him go!" Nikabrik yelled to Trufflehunter "He has seen us!"

Nikabrik swings his sword a few more times, but Caspian blocks him.

"That is enough, Nikabrik!" Trufflehunter snapped to Nikabrik. "Or do I have to sit on your head again?"

Nikabrik stops. Knowing his dear friend was not telling a lie.

"Now," Trufflehunter moaned looking towards Caspian. "look what you made me do! I spent half the morning on that soup."