Fangirl Problems

Morgan Spencer was a lot of things.

She was still a high school student. She was almost done with her sophomore year. If things went right, Morgan would graduate valedictorian. She was proud of that.

She was a bit pretty, you could say. She had long black hair, with outrageous curls and in the preferred style of a ponytail. She had these bright amber eyes, like honey mixed with whiskey. Her skin was tan, with freckles all over. She was tall at her supposed age too, at 5'08.

She was a single mom. Her child was eight now. The girl had been adopted, raised by Morgan 'in the life' for almost a year now. Morgan hated bringing her daughter into it, but there was little she could do. Lilac had taken well to it.

Though she was loath to admit it, Morgan was special.

She was in line for the crown of her people, Queen of the Travelers. A race of humans that could walk between realities, typically the fictional ones. Morgan had been to dozens of them at her age. Her people had been cut off from her for almost two hundred years.

A part of Morgan hated their people for that.

Two hundred years of thinking she had thought she was a freak. That she was a monster. That she was something cursed. Alone, for two hundred years, without any idea of what she was.

Then she met Darcy in one of those realities. Darcy. Snarky, slutty, stupid Darcy. The sister Morgan had always wanted.

Darcy went to the Traveled life at age six, after her parents died. Morgan took he girl in, raising the girl as best she could. Darcy turned out fairly okay.

Until she died.

Eleven months ago. Or had it been two? Time worked so differently for Morgan.

It was a bit of a blur sometimes. Other times it felt fresh and achingly new.

On days like today, it felt fresh. So Morgan opted to vanish to a new reality to hide from it all.

She was sitting in her office, which she hated strictly on principle. She was sitting in a boring office chair, staring vacantly at the paperwork on her desk.

Her friend Lila, another Traveler, was in the room with her. Lila had short blonde hair, grass green eyes, and was Padalecki brand tall at 5'10, while she was only 14. The young girl was dressed in a yellow athletic shirt, with a purple vest, and neon green shorts.

Lila had come to recognize the 'Darcy Days' as other Travelers called it. Re young teen had learned it was a good idea to stay close to Morgan. You never knew when it would go from 'Darcy Day' to 'Bitch Day'.

"I'm thinking about going to Supernatural." She commented out of nowhere.

Lila stared at her in surprise. "What, really?" The show had seemed too...on the nose for Morgan right now.

"Yeah. I've been putting it off for awhile now." Morgan idly tossed around her unfinished paperwork onto her desk. She leaned back in her chair, pressing two fingers to the side of her forehead. "If I don't get out of this paperwork soon, I'm gonna kill Tracy."

"You've been doing paperwork for twenty minutes." Lila commented. She leaned over the desk, glancing at the papers. "And it's not even paperwork, it's your math homework."

"What?" Morgan lifted the papers up, eyeing them with confusion. "Huh. This is my math homework. I thought it was the new budget." She lowered it, a surprised look on her face. "I'm disappointed. I thought I found a way for Charlie in accounting to get those 38 watermelons he wanted."