Not a Dream

"Well what should we do now? She is resting on the couch, and I don't think she will be waking up anytime soon." I spoke up after closing the door behind me.

"I still say we kill the little punk, she hurt you sans how could you just ignore that?" Undyne was the first to speak up once again trying to get us to kill the kid, and as much as I hated to admit it I was starting to think that might be the best option.

"COME NOW UNDYNE THATS NOT HOW THINGS WORK ON THE SURFACE, AND DONT FORGET MRS. TORIEL WOULD HAVE OUR HEADS IF WE HURT FRISK. MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST WAIT UNTIL THEY WAKE UP AND SEE IF WE CAN GET ANSWERS THEN. OR WAIT FOR THIS MASTERIOUS CHARACTOR SHE WAS SPEAKING OF." Paps spoke up next, and he also made a good point. I didn't want to face Toriel again, especially with what happened after Frisk went off with her father.

"T-then we should at the v-very least restrain them to the s-soul detector and start with s-some base readings. See if we can f-find out how we all ended up back in the s-studio in the first place. N-nothing like this has h-happened before." I nodded to Alphis and went to reach for the door handle.

"I'll get Frisk, you get the machine ready. Then we will get the readings, I don't know about you Undyne but I don't want to face Toriel again." I closed the door behind me as I left the room, Frisk still lay on the couch. They looked almost pained, a week ago I would have been at their side until they woke up, but now.. I didn't know how I felt. It still hurt to look at them but it was to late to go back now.

I picked them up carefully as their hands had been bandaged by Paps and he wouldn't be to happy if I messed up his work. I walked into the lab and sat them down on the chair. Alphis came up and I backed off, "Are you s-sure about this Sans. W-what do we do if she w-wakes up and is telling t-the truth."

"Then we figure out where to go from there, that's all we can do." I looked away and started to walk off. I didn't want anyone to see my face had distorted in discomfort. I heard the clasps lock around her wrists and the monitor start beeping. I found myself in the monitoring room looking at the screen with Frisks heartbeat slowly marking the screen.

"A-alright lets get started, Sans c-can you flip that switch." Alphis pointed to a switch on the opposite wall. I walked over and flipped it as the rest of the machines came to life showing stats and her soul. It looked almost like a dark red, not like it had the day we had meet. I could only stare at the image on the screen, and took a glance at Alphis who seemed just as shocked as I had.

"Alphis what is this? Not only are her stats low but her soul doesn't look right, are you sure you hooked this up right?" I asked stunned.

"I-I'm not sure. I know everything is s-set up correctly and her stats u-used to be so much higher than this. E-even her last exam l-looked better than this. How is it she o-only has five hp points. Once w-we came out f-from the underground your stats r-raised from one to ten, b-but to decrease this m-much in such a short amount of time is.. troubling."

We looked to Frisk who just sat there with her eyes closed unmoving, shallow breaths could be made out. We continued to look at the readings occasionally jotting down slight changes in the heartbeat when Frisk finally stirred awake. She picked up her head and went to move one of her hands only to find she couldn't move it.

The monitor started to beep faster as she struggled against the restraints, "Dad what have you done to me now? Do you seriously think I cant get out of this and just run away again? This time I will go somewhere you cant find me. And if you cant find me you cant hurt my friends, now let.. me.. go." Her words were dripping with venom as she spoke and I looked to Alphis who seemed equally confused and motioned me to the door.

"It m-might be best if she hears your v-voice. It s-should c-calm her down enough to answer t-the questions. A-after that we can f-free her I-if you wish." I nodded and opened the door separating the rooms, closing the door behind me I walked up to Frisk.