Broken Spirit

"B-but Sans. if I cant fix it then.. she might never be able to d-dance ever again. W-we can't risk that, n-not with how weak her soul i-is. There are s-several c-compound fractures, not t-t-to mention that the bone is completely s-snapped in her right leg. It's amazing she made it as far from the h-house as she d-did in her condition. started to wake up, hearing Alphys talking to someone.

"We have to do something Alphys, the kid would be heart broken to know about this." I raised a hand to my head, I heard a monitor speed up its beeping and then total silence for just a moment.

"Frisk? H-how are you feeling? Any p-pain?" I tried to sit up but a pair of hands pushed my back down gently.

"No, I'm alright, surprisingly. Thank's Alphys." I said as the hands let go. I'm certain they were hers based off of the size of the claws on my shoulder.

"That's good. Can you tell us how you got those injuries?" That was defiantly Asgore. What was dad doing here?

"Dad.. I mean King Asgore? What are you doing here?" I asked wanting to sit up again.

"The boys came to me hoping that my use of healing magic might come in handy. Now tell us what happened." He said again. I really had to think now.

"Um, lets see. I remember waking up in some strange bed and the room was cold. And I remember hearing my mothers voice when I tried to find an exit. Oh and there was a strange mans voice as well. And then I remember running down hallways until I locked myself in a room. Falling out a window, and more running. I'm not really all to sure what else happened though. It's all a little fuzzy if I'm going to be honest." I finished my explanation as a hand touched my leg.

That caused pain to shoot up and I wanted to scream. Instead I shut my eyes tightly and let the tears fall from my face. "Don't touch that. I don't this its a wise idea. Can't you see her face?" Sans practically yelled causing me to flinch and even more pain erupt from that leg. That one did cause me to scream. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I held up a hand to silence him.

"It's fine Sans." I put my hands down to my sides and dragged myself into a sitting position biting my lip to keep from screaming again. By the time I got into the position I wanted my legs were numb and my face was soaked with tears. "I need to know how bad it is anyway." I finally managed to squeak out.

"Frisk.. I- I don't t-think that's a wise i-idea. Maybe it w-would be best you just focus o-on getting b-better." Alphys said as I felt Sans hand take mine and press it against what could possibly have been his teeth.

"I heard some of what you were saying. I need to know if I should.. need to cancel my show. Mettaton can do a series finally." I said and felt my hand drop to the bed below as my other one sat across my stomach.

"What are you saying kid? That you're just going to quit dancing all together?" Sans asked as if in disbelief. I heard the other two gasp in suprise

"Well, if I can't dance. Then I can't dance. I can always find something else to do instead. It's like I told my sister the day my parents blinded me. Sure everything was easier when I could see but I could still walk, and dance, and sing. If I can't dance then I should hopefully still be able to walk and sing." I smiled like I had done so many times before.

"What? Why aren't you mad? They not only took away your sight but now you might not be able to something that you love." Sans asked n total shock.

"Honestly? I haven't been able to actually get mad. I don't think I've ever been mad about anything. I just take life how it is. I'm sure if I were capable of it, I would be very angry." I explained before thinking about what else I could say. "Being angry would make me no better than my parents, and I want to be better than them. So I just let things roll off of me. Except for when I get scared, that sticks."