Carly and the chocolate factory

"Heathen with Rob and Carly with Yasmin."
Carly blanched.
Yasmin sniggered, but inside, she felt a prick at her heart. She glanced at Heathen who had a poker face on, and nodded at Rob. Rob nodded back and they settled at a table.
"C'mon, Carly." She said to her but Carly was pleading to the Civics Teacher.
"I can't work with her. She's disfunctional."She said it loudly as if Yasmin couldn't hear it.
"No, Ms. Applebottom, this activity requires two people. Besides it is simple and short. I don't see why you should object. The only reason I would not pair you with her is if you had disfunctional problems."
Carly groaned.
Yasmin grinned.
"I do have disfunctional problems! She makes me have disfunctional problems!"
Boi if you don't.
The Civics Teacher was about to say something but Heathen stepped up, smooth and silent. "You cannot go accusing people of things they do not do. " He turned to Yasmin. "It's ok, love. Get back to work."
Then he winked at her.
Her heart fluttered. Did he just call me love? And wink at me?
Carly gave her a dirty look. The Civics Teacher raised his brow.
Carly grabbed her arm, nails digging into her arm.
Just because Carly was a bully to her, she tried not to be mean. She thought that if she treated her nicely, then perhaps theu could end the tension between them.
Carly shoved Yasmin into a chair.
"So this assignment is what section does this law go into and what amendment. You have until the end of class." The teacher ordered. "Take turns questioning each other. If it is not constitutional then put the card into a seperate pile. "
"So I'll be partner A because I'm A-mazing at everything,"Carly whipped her hair.
She shrugged. "Its ok, I would rather be known as Bad then audaciously stupid."
Carly's eyes burned with hatred.
"My mom made me wear sleeves. I said I don't want to. She said it's the right to bear arms. Do I have a right?"
"Wow chocolatebottom knew that your relationship with mon is weird but I mean she would actually shoot you? Daaaang."
"It's the question you imbecile!"
"Uh-huh and pigs fly." She scrunched her brow. "Oh wait. You manage to get up everyday so then I guess it is the question!"
Carly slapped Yasmin across the face.
Her cheek red, tears pricking at her eyes and no one noticing, made her feel so alone. Her heart shriveled and she wished she could be stronger. Trying not to show vulnerability in front of Carly she said casually," Second Amendement. But the person doesn't have a right."
Carly sneered at her and picked up the next card. "I made a magazine about some penguins but the mayor banned all magazines. Do I have a right to keep my magazine up?"
"Boi, you're too lazy and dumb to have a--"
"If you don't shut that friggin piehole right this second I'm gonna make your life a living hell,"she seethed between her teeth so no one could hear her.
She hated that her heart crushed slightly when she said that. "First amendment. Right to protest. And by the way I don't care what you bloody do Carly. You and your chocolate factory cronies can do whatever they want."
Carly slapped her face again.
"Hey. "A masculine, husky voice interrupted us.
Her face already flushed from Carly's nails (why the heck do "popular" people go and make the nails all long anyway? It just looks witchy) turned an extra shade of red as Heathen strolled over, casually leaning over her chair.
"Love, are you ok?
"Yeah I'm fine."
"You sure Yasmin? Your face is red." His soft hand brushed her cheek. She nearly jumped. The touch was electrical, hot and tender.
"Er, uh, yeah I'm good. Thanks man. "
Er, uh, yeah I'm good? Thanks man? Is there a nearby hole to bury myself inside of?
Heathen dimpled a smile. "Let me help you two with this activity." He was looking right at her. "What is this chocolate factory thing I heard you speaking about?"
"Um, Carly and the Chocolate Factory."
He laughed then picked up a card. "Whoever answers first gets a kiss at the end of the day. "
...
Is he for reals?
She waited with bated breath for the question. "Alright, love, Carly, I stole from a local store a few years back. "
"You must still be a stealer, because you stole my heart."Carly simpered.
I wanted to drown her.
"I only steal for the people I love. And only the most treasured of things I will steal." He stared at Yasmin, and for a moment, she got lost in his sexy golden-brown eyes like a wheat field she couldn't find her way out of.
"So what's the rest of the question?" Carly growled.
Heathen broke his gaze from her's and looked down. "Anways it's just a question. So I stole again and they said I have to go to jail for three years. Do I have a right?"
"No of course not,"Carly flipped her hair. "He's a criminal. A bad boy."
Heathen looked sharply at her.
Carly looked like she had been impaled.
"Actually yes. No double jeapordy." Yasmin said tentatively.
Heathen stared at her. "I would jeapordize anything for some people, love."
She melted in his summery, hot gaze.
"But yes, you are correct, no double jeapordy. I'll see you at the end of the day, love. "
The bell rang at that exact moment. Heathen dimpled a smile at her then threw his blue bag over his shoulder and walked to his next class.
"You stupid pig," Carly seethed.
She looked around the emptying classroom. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see a mirror anywhere."
And then, smirking, Yasmin walked out of class.