Chapter 3 - The Soaring Grasshopper

Chapter 3 – The Soaring Grasshopper

Awaking from my slumber, I arose and turned my body, only to see Song Han – he was 24 years old, and one of my buddies from the previous game. His nickname is Xiao Lang and he filled the role of an assassin in our group. Furthermore, he was considered the best player in our group.

I knitted my eyebrows. If Song Han and my other buddies who viewed me as a hero found out I was evicted today, and was forced to sleep in the lawn and wake up drenched with morning dew, I would not be able to bear the shame.

I whispered in a low voice: "Recently I've been learning a new style of high-class martial arts, which requires me to absorb nature – wind, rain, cold and even the morning dew. As such, I decided to sleep outside yesterday. What brings you here?"

Song Han looks at the toothbrush and bowls next to me. His frowns and says: "No matter how I look at it, you have been evicted. How long did you not pay your rent?"

I shake my head, "It's all a false image, we are both adults now. We need to look past outer appearances and into the true nature of the situation. Has your ethics teacher not taught you that before?"

Song Han grins, saying: "Brother Xiao Yao, don't lie to yourself, was it the stingy old landlady that gave you problems?"

I shake my head again, answering: "How can that be? You're imagining things..."

At that moment, a door to my right opened and the landlady poked her head out to look. She acts as if she didn't see the both of us and snided: "Oh, that Li Xiao Yao bugger, he didn't come home last night. I can ignore it if he didn't pay the rent, but to not pay the water and electricity bills as well? He even asked for a few days of extension! What has happened to the youths of today? Since their body is so strong, why don't they go out and work a little? Can't even pay the rent, no future prospects, it's this kind of people that don't deserve a girlfriend for their entire lifetime!"

I solemnly thought: "You can scold me for being poor, but to insult me and curse me to never get a girlfriend? That's too cruel!"

Song Han smiled wickedly and said: "She really is annoying, how did Brother Xiao Yao endure her for so long? It really has been hard on you. Do you want me to get rid of her, to chop her head off?"

"Relax and put down the butcher knife, young one..."

"Then wait for me for half an hour!"

"What's up?"

"You'll know in a while!"

I packed up all my stuff, tying them into bundles. This way, I could travel with ease. After waiting awhile Song Han returned. In his hands were a big bucket which was filled with yellow dung. Noticing that, I couldn't help but knit my eyebrows. "Xiao Lang, what's up with that?"

Song Han smiles, taking a small disposable bag out from his pocket, which was filled with dirty grasshoppers and other such insects, saying: "I went to Master Liu's house to collect these little flies, and then went to Grandma Wang's house to catch a bunch of crickets and grasshoppers. Since that landlady of yours doesn't care about pride, let's give her something from lost times – a grasshopper-dung bomb!"

My whole body shuddered as I thought of what to expect next.

"Brother Xiao Yao, hide further away!"

"Okay!"

I lugged all my stuff and sprinted about 10 meters away, while Song Han smeared the dung on the landlady's house walls and poured the disposable bag of insects into her house. He also purposely scratched her windows below leaving. That definitely wouldn't be able to be washed away.