Chapter 7 - Creating a Skill

Chapter 7 – Creating a Skill

Walking back to the village entrance, I stopped for a while only to get pushed from behind by beserkers carrying their battleaxes. These people are too excited to kill Grass Dogs, aren't they?

Having strength that doesn't match up to others, I resisted the urge to do the same.

Looking at the stats menu, I realised the system gave me 10 stat points at level 1. I put them all into Strength. That's right, this is my fighting style. I'll fight the world with my ability as a healer to heal and my strength to fight. This is the true way to success!

I'll have to take it slow and wait patiently. I can't steal the mobs that the beserkers, swordsmen etc. with stats all added to strength out there are killing. I'll look around in the village and see what quests I can get. Then I'll go kill the Grass Dogs, that's killing two birds with one stone!

In the small village, there was a well sitting right in the middle of the plaza. Beside the well was bits and pieces of stone. Each stone was separated from the rest, but together they lined up to form a brilliant formation.

I took a good look for a whole 5 minutes before realising – it's the Seven Star Style! There's no mistaking it, this is the formation of the Seven Star Style. Previously, while I was training under the old man, I had to learn the way of the Seven Star Style while wielding a sword, which gave me heaps of suffering. In the game, there actually was a Seven Star Style! This can only mean one thing – between the game designers, there must be an actual sword master. If not, there's no way the Seven Star Style was implemented.

As if magnetised to it, I couldn't stop myself from walking to the foot stands, facing the shining light's mysterious form. Spontaneously, I drew my sword and starting slashing.

Clang

Although I'm a healer, I added all 10 points into strength, which gave me a decent physical strength boost. The sword was unsheathed and it carried sword energy. I have not felt this since so long ago, who knew it would be in a game that I felt this familiarity with the sword again.

My heart beated furiously. Damn, if it's really like this, plus with the info that was given in that pamphlet, this could really be the time for me to shine!

Clang

The second time I slashed, my feel for the sword grew a little.

It was as if I was in a daze, standing there just swinging my sword over and over again. I lost myself in the game and was slowly understanding the way of the sword. There's some pleasure to be had in this if you were a swordsman.

About an hour after I started practicing with my sword, many noobs gathered around and watched me curiously. There was even a level 2 beserker with his battleaxe, shaking his head while looking at me. "Oi, even if the game said that you could create your own skills, do you really think it's possible? Only an idiot like you would believe this stupid rumours. This guy looks as handsome as me, I wonder why he's so dumb though."

I didn't show any expression at all and continued swinging my sword. Just like this, everything else was swallowed away by my concentration.

In a blink of an eye, it was already afternoon. I didn't make any progress at all. I kept feeling as if I was about to break through but it just didn't happen. I continued all the way to 8pm at night, when the phone outside rang. It connected to the game system and displayed Lin Wan Er's phone number.

"Li Xiao Yao, Xiao Yue and I are going offline for some dinner, you want some?"

I was very excited once I heard that. "I'll go with you guys. I haven't eaten much since afternoon... I mean I need to protect you guys..."