Chapter 8 - The Sword Tempest

Chapter 8 – The Sword Tempest

Bzzz

My head went blank as I trembled with excitement. Finally, the noob goes pro! The game really let me make a skill. Damn, that's cool. If I equip a sword I gain a 10% increase in attack damage. This skill is a little too strong. Although my attack right now was only 6-6 and a 10% increase would basically amount to nothing, later on when I gain more strength and power, the effects would be monumental. This buff is so good. What's more, my weapon later on should be sword-related, if not this skill would go to waste!

After pondering for a long time about what exactly I should name this wonderful skill...

My mind flashed and a name popped out – Sword Tempest!

This name is perfect. After you wield your sword, a massacre follows. This is only but the path of the sword. It's the opening to the fight. I'll use this!

Ding

System Notice: Congratulations, you have successfully named the skill. You are the first person to create an SS skill in the entire server, do you want to disclose your identity?

I immediately smashed the 'No' button. I must stay low-key. Low-key not for fame or for showing off, but to protect my life. Since olden times, those who are famous always receive jealousy. Once my identity is disclosed, who knows how many times I'll get murdered. I'm not scared of publicity but instead scared of getting beaten. It's pretty alright, being like this, a level 1 healer. The pros won't even bother disturbing me. This feeling is simply spectacular.

Ding

System Notice: Congratulations, player xxxx has understood the SS skill – [Sword Tempest]!

Currently, the whole server was chaotic.

Very quickly, in my Skills tab an icon of a sword flashed. My first 'obtained skill' which was also my second skill, was a SS grade skill. The other was the healer skill, [Hemostasis]. It was D rank, and indeed, the lousiest healing skill. No matter though, it's still decent as I can heal myself.

[Sword Tempest] (SS) : While wielding and using a sword, your attack power is increased by 10%. Does not consume any strength. Cannot be leveled.

[Hemostasis Lvl 1] (D): Heals 50 HP, costs 5 MP. 0/100 EXP, level 1.

After finishing my preparations, finally, I was ready to take on the world!

Finally, carrying my sword, I was ready to step out of the beginner village, a whole 24 hours after the opening of the game. My inventory was completely empty of supplies, or should I say, I could not afford to put any supplies into my inventory. Whatever, slowly, I'll get whatever I want.

Outside the beginner village, the clumsy players were killing the Straw Dogs near the forest. The Straw Dogs are level 1-2 monsters, which is also the lowest leveled monsters in the game. These lousy players...

Escaping the crowd of players, I found another road. The north of Straw Dog Village was a secret forest, but the map showed little red dots there. This means that the monsters are above my level, but who cares? I can still try, since I have a natural advatange. I can hit and heal at the same time, and I also have [Sword Tempest] to help, even if it isn't much help at all.

In the distance, a few players were bickering over a plain white tunic, loudly shouting: "This equip can sell for 20 coppers, it's ours! We are the main DPS dealers!"

I could not help but snicker: "What noobs!"

Looking down, I see a bunch of copper coins sitting out in the sun inviting people over. Very quickly, I ran over and looked around. Great, there isn't anyone. I started picking up the loot.