Chapter 65 - Addicted to Money

Chapter 65 – Addicted to Money

This chapter was sponsored by William Wang and Johannes Ganghofner!

"Time to go..."

I took a deep breath and held onto my sword. A level 40 Tigerman. The only thing I was afraid of was that its attack was higher than the Bearman's. On a side note, the Tigerman's form was a lot cooler than the Bearman's. The Bearman was just a huge bear crawling on the ground while the Tigerman was a human form warrior with the face of a tiger!

"If I kill him then my mission will be 0.1% finished!"

I activated [Haste] and [Defense] and then grasped my sword and dashed towards it. Killing monsters didn't require extensive body control, so this guy shouldn't be a problem. Before I even got close to the Tigerman, a golden hexagram started to appear on my sword, level 4 [Combo]!

Bang bang bang...

With the attacks of the [Combo], all 3 sword strikes landed, but the attacks weren't as effective as I had hoped——

"247!"

"229!"

"221!"

Damn! Even after 3 strikes, I only did 700 or so damage. Was my sword falling apart? No, it was still at 100% Durability!

The Tigerman suddenly stood up and revealed a sinister smile. It raised its claws and laughed, "Ignorant human! You are looking to die if you invade my territory!"

Whoosh!

The claws magically extended 2-3 yards out. This was the monster's attack?!

I had no way of dodging it and I felt a pain blossom on my shoulder; I lost a huge chunk of HP——

Tick!

Battle Notification: You've been struck by the Tigerman's 【Violent Sweep】 and lost 311 HP!

......

I almost fainted from the pain. Although I didn't get killed instantly, I lost 311 of my HP with only one strike. What kind of attack damage was that?

My body trembled slightly and Bobo re-positioned himself. I rushed towards the other side of the Tigerman and with a whoosh, a ray of light appeared under me. I started my custom combo, [Strength of a Thousand Men]!

"78!"

"98!"

"82!"

"117!"

"614!"

......

A series of attack damage numbers flew up and I regained some confidence. [Strength of a Thousand Men]'s [Wind Blade] was still a reliable attack. Even though the Tigerman had such a high defense, it still couldn't go against my [Wind Blade]!

At the same time, I felt a wave of pain on my shoulder. The Tigerman's attacks were extremely fast and it finished two strikes in an instant. It even bellowed loudly, trying to scare me!

Whoosh!

"+600"

I cast [Heal] to recover 600 HP and returned to a safe HP range where I was not in danger of dying. Unless the Tigerman had another trick that could instantly kill me, I could live if I had good control over my pet and myself!

Using the 12 pet-man tactics that Wan Er gave me, I slowly gained deeper and deeper into understanding on how the game works and the differences between it and reality. It went without saying that as I understood more and more, my power in game became stronger and stronger.