Chapter Twenty-One: Life as we know it..

I fixed myself as quickly as possible and walked down stairs. Looking at my dad was unbelievable. I mean I haven't seen this man in years and he's finally here. I ran into his arms and embraced him. He held onto me tight and didn't want to let go. "I missed you so much little one. You the only baby I got left. I don't ever want to lose you." I heard him say sniffling. Now my dad has a reputation and crying ain't apart of it, but to hear those words from him made me cry too. I hadn't realized that when Angel passed he had no idea about it, they wouldn't even let him attend the funeral and they were supposed to. So he never got to say good bye. I'm the only one he has left, I'm all he's got. He held on to either side of me and looked me up and down. "Ugh by little girl is all grown up." He said then something behind him caught his attention. He looked like he seen a ghost. "Melvin?" He questioned coming towards August. I turned around looking at the both of him. "Naw Mel was my brother. I'm August." He said. "Oh oh August. August Alsina. I knew your father, and your brother. Never got the pleasure of fully meeting you though. Now what are you doing here?" He questioned. "You knew my dad?" August asked back. My dad nodded his head, but asked again why he was here. "Dad August is my fiance." I said budding in.

   "This yo fiance? Mm ok how that happen, he posed to be in New Orleans." He said. Dad been away for a while. "Daddy no August is a singer, he's actually gonna be leaving again to LA soon so." I said poking my lip out. August came to me and wrapped his arms around me, and my dad didn't seem to like that much. My mom finally came in and saved us, but I don't think she did a very good job. "August and Kennia are gonna be parents soon. You'll be a grandfather." She said walking  over, and that really didn't sit well with him, but instead of speaking on it like we all knew he wanted to he got up and walked away. I looked at my mom with wide eyes. "Ma, why would you say that?" I asked. "Shanny told me that you had been spitting up and that your pregnant again." She said. "Look ma I'm leaving ok, dad looks like he bout to kill August's ass over there." I say about to leave. "No Kennia your father is home from jail and he wants you here, so your staying." She said sternly. I rolled my eyes and grabbed August's hand and led him upstairs. "How the fuck this nigga know my dad, and my brother?" August barked. "He's a New Orleans nigga he used to stay down there after he moved from New York. My daddy gets around." I said rubbing his back. 

  I could tell August was pretty invested on finding out what the hell was going,but maybe my dad was just good friends with his dad. Which is a possibility. August was in my room laying down talking to his mom and when he got off the phone he told me he had to go. I had literally know idea what the hell was going on, but he told me that it was an emergency. I asked him if it had anything to do with my dad. He looked at me and told me he loved me...

*********************************************************************************************************************

SIDE NOTE: 

first i want to say thank you guys a lot for rocking with me this far. Kennia and August takes you on an amazing journey and I'm glad that your riding along with them. Now this chapter was short for a reason. I wanted give you a little cliff hanger, allow your minds to wonder what the hell is going on with August and Kennia's dad. But thanks you lovely readers I love you guys so much. I brag about it to my friends lol

   Love, TaRaiya :)