Chapter Twenty

~Third Person POV~

Once they've finished their pancakes, they both stare at each other. Happiness and contentment filled the atmosphere as they smile. Soon enough, PJ stood up and walked towards the speakers. 

Wise men say, only fools rush in...

The ever so familiar song echoed through the cabin, sending immediate chills down Autumn's spine due to the memories she had that involved that song.

PJ walked towards her and held out his hand for her to take. She smiled widely and gladly accepted. They sway side to side, singing along to the song while staring into each other's eyes.

PJ's vibrant green eyes were glimmering with hope and passion and Autumn's chocolate brown eyes were filled with happiness and love.

Breathe in,

Breathe out.

She closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder, silently reminiscing.

-Flashback-

I am greeted by nothing but silence, I let out a sigh, but not of defeat; tiredness. I sit down and lean on the wall next to the door. I pull out my ukulele from the over stuffed bag and decided to compose a song right there and then,

"A promise of trust,
A friendship that wont rust,
One that wont get hidden under dust
So when you left, it was difficult to adjust.

Even if the waivers we signed are old and torn,
I'll stick by everything I have sworn.
Definitely the promise have outworn,
Longer than I could wish for.."

~~

"I'd pick your thunder, I'd pick your rain; over anyone's sunshine, any day..."

~~~

"I wish it would be as carefree as relaxing as before. I remember we would always go out and wander around the neighborhood when my parents decided to abandon me at home." she said

"We can recreate that you know..."

~~~~

"You can open your eyes now" PJ's voice filled my ears. My eyes flutter open and I blink a few times to clear my vision; once I saw what was in front of me, I couldn't help but gawk.

"Woah," I said.

A wide field of dandelions paint the scenery before me, the sunlight manages to make its way through the leaves and branches and onto the dandelions.

-End of Flashback-

The song ends and the final chord echoes through the house. They envelop each other in a hug with a smile on each others faces.

They instantly pull away when they hear someone knocking at the door.

How could there be someone knocking if they were in the middle of the woods?