Can you fall in love in 8 seconds?

Chapter 1.

The question people always ask is "Do you believe in love at first sight?" Well, some people might, but others think it takes time. Is 8 seconds enough time to fall in love? Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.

Amanda's P.O.V

"AMANDA GET UPPPP. FIRST DAY OF YOUR LAST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. WAKE UP!" Ugh. My mother did not know the meaning of a sweet, light, good morning. Talk about your rude awakening. "IM UP MOM I KNOW." I shouted back in an annoyed tone. I rolled out of my warm, cozy bed and walked to the bathroom to go potty, brush my teeth and wash my face. (yes, I still go potty and I'm a senior. Don't judge me.) I found my old faded skinny jeans, a black tank top and a Bring Me The Horizon band tee. That was pretty much my everyday outfit with the exception of a different pair if pants and a different merch shirt. I threw my clothes on and plugged my flat iron in, heating it up to 400. I did my usual make up look, a smokey eye and some lipgloss. I straightened my hair, hair spraying it. Grabbing my bag and keys, hopping in my old Ford f150.

At lunch time I found my best friend Shayla sitting outside at a picnic table with her head phones in, I could already hear the music. She was listening to an Asking Alexandria song. I sat down and pulled one of her headphones out, putting it in my own ear. "We're almost adults. WE HAVE TO GO TO THE BIG SCARY WORLD AND BE BIG PEOPLE AND WORK AND GET OLD." I laughed and nodded. "Well.. We won't have to work if we married a band member." She smiled, "so after graduation, are we taking your truck or my car? My car has a backseat and a trunk so more stuff would fit without worrying about it raining." "Yeah that sounds good to me. I can't believe we're actually planning this right now, I mean we talked about this as sophomores. WE'RE ALL GROWN UP NOW SHAYLA." We always talked like this, it was almost an every day occurrence ever since 10th grade. We knew it would happen, but our parents always doubted us. We promised each other we would make it happen. We didn't wanna be like our parents and be stuck in West Virginia for the rest of our lives. We carried on our lunch conversation planning out our summer after graduation. I was eating some green grapes when I looked up and saw him. He was tall, pale like myself, light blonde hair with purple bangs. He was dressed in black skinny jeans with a few rips in them at the knees. He was wearing a white shirt with some kind of design on it and a leather jacket. "Band guy, 3 o'clock" I nudged Shayla in the arm. "Woah! Who is that?" She asked.

DUN DUN DUN. Who could it be? Who should it be?