Chapter 6- Spill

I wake up happy, thinking about the night before. Today I decided it wouldn't be like all the other Saturdays, sleeping and watching Rookie Blue or Bones. Yeah I'm a girl that likes criminal things, sue me. Today I was going to go practice soccer at the school's soccer field. I might even ask Jake to come too. He probably wasn't busy. Patterson Lakes may be big and have lots of things to do, but it doesn't mean Jake gets out a lot, nor do I, it's usually Lydia to pull us out of the house. Dylan is probably going out with his family like always, most likely the zoo, his 7 year old brother does love it there. Scott is probably going to see his so called girlfriend in Sydney. I scoff at the thought, no one has seen her or spoken to her. I put on my sport shorts and Nike top along with my Nike shoes. I put my brown hair up in a high ponytail. I grab my Nike duffle bag from under my bed, I put my soccer ball that was also under there in the bag and my purse. I grab my pump bottle that's full of water and put it in there too. I grab my car keys and start making my downstairs to grab a banana. I get to the bottom of the stairs and squeal.

"TYLER! SKYLER!" I scream I jump in their arms.

"Hey kid." Tyler scruffs my hair.

"Hey pal." Skyler fist bumps me.

"I've missed you guys so much." I say excitedly. I have a huge smile on my face.

"Where are you heading?" Tyler asks gesturing to my outfit.

"Well" I start, "I was going to grab a banana then go to the soccer field to practice."

"You still the star of the team?" Skyler asks quirking an eyebrow.

"Of course. I'm the best. No one can beat me." I say acting arrogant.

"Oh you wanna bet?" Tyler asks.

"You're on bro."

"Ok then. Loser buys lunch for all of us. Got it." Skyler states.

"Got it." We say together.

"Come on. The quicker we get this done the quicker I get free food." Skyler sighs walking out the door.

"Sky wanna drive?" I ask pointing to her car.

"Yep." Skyler says happily.

"Let's go!" I cheer loudly.

*******

"I told you not to go against me." I say cockily.

"That's not fair. I was once the best on the team." He looks disappointed in himself.

"You've lost your touch brother. Sorry. Now for lunch how does Subway sound?" I ask.

"Argh. Don't buy the foot long. It will be too expensive." Tyler whines.

"I'm in." Skyler chirps.

********

We sit down with our subways. I unwrap mine.

"So any drama in your life Renae? Any boys?" Skyler asks. Tyler groans.

"Actually there is a boy. We went on a romantic date last night." I say smiling proudly.

"Oh really?" Skyler ask cocking an eyebrow, "are you guys dating?"

"No. He hasn't asked me yet, but I would say yes if he asked."

"I will kick his ass if he hurts you." Tyler says making punching actions with his hands, "no guy is going to hurt my lil' sis."

"It's okay big bro." I say patting him on the head and laughing.

"Now spill." Skyler says.

"Not going to say please?" I ask amused.

"No. So now spill it. Everything."

"Ok." I put my hands up in surrender.

"No please don't. I don't need to hear it. Do it in your own time. Please." Tyler asks looking very worried. He starts to play with his hair which he does when he is nervous.

"Chill bro. I won't spill" he looks relieved, "yet." I say smirking.

Once we are all finished we start to leave and that's when I notice Tyler is wearing light blue jeans and a black top with his black and white Nike runners. Jessica is wearing black jeans, a white top with a red and black faunal shirt with her black and white Nike runners. Yes we all have the same Nike shoes. Skyler long brown hair is straightened and tied up. Then it hits me, I don't know why they are here. There has I be a reason behind it all. They wouldn't of just drive 4 hours to Patterson Lakes for no reason.

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" I ask curiously.

"Oh no reason." Skyler says shrugging.

"Oh really?" I ask suspiciously.

"Yep" Tyler chirps.

"Tell me the truth." I have a scary look in my eyes.

"Well it's Aunt May's wedding next weekend." Skyler explains.

"Why did you guys have to come all the way down here and tell me, why couldn't dad and mum?" I question. That makes no sense, why would they come here to tell me something that our mother or father could have told me.

"Well, you see, Aunt May invited us, not mum and dad. She told us she didn't want them there as all they do it talk about work and plus remember how mum and Aunt May had a falling out? Aunt May doesn't want them there, only us." Sky explains.

Well that makes sense. They had a falling out around my birthday last year. Aunt May got me this really cool soccer ball, whereas mum gave me the same one. You see, it's not that big of a deal, but it was to my mother. She took it personally, and so on. They haven't spoken since, but Tyler, Sky and I have a really close relationship with Aunt May.

"Is she getting married to Matt?" Aunt May is always changing boyfriends and she's not one to talk about her love life.

"Yeah. She said we can bring a plus one, so bring your man." I laugh at Sky's way of putting it.

"Now tell me about this boy you went on a date with." She changes the subject. At this topic change James groans and I laugh. I tell her everything and Tyler too, but he tries not to listen.