Chapter 18- Bombfire

I was walking into school when Jackson stopped me.

"Hey pretty thang, the guys and "their girls" are having a bomb fire after school. Want to come with me?" hang out with his friends. Do I really want to do that? Not really? Do I want to meet their sluts? Not really? Should I give them a chance? More no then yes. I feel like I don't really have the option, although he asked, the look in his eyes are telling me I have no choice in the matter.

"Yeah, okay." I shrug. Maybe they will have alcohol and I won't have to deal with them. He smacks my butt and leaves. The nerve on this guy.

As I walk to my locker, I'm stopped by someone calling my name.

"RYLAND!" I grumble and turn to see coach.

"Hey coach, what's up?"

"Why haven't you been at practice?"

"Just been around, just chilling" I shrug. I love the bald man, he's more of a dad to me then my actual dad is, but I just didn't want to talk to him right now. He will question me on everything and I might just break out into tears. That will take me back to square one.

"Don't give me none of that Ryland. What is going on with you?" I give up with acting tough around him. I sigh, letting my barrier down. This could get emotional.

"It's been rough. Dylan and I had a fight and I broke it off with him. Mine and Lydia's friendship is over. Jake wants me to be the good girl and Scott, well Scott hasn't made a move to speak to me yet," now that I realize, that really hurts, "I don't want everyone to treat me like I'm fragile. I don't want everyone to bring up Sky. Everything has just been angering me recently. I had sex with Jackson, even though I hate the guy and now he's my boyfriend. I don't know how that happened," I let out a laugh.

"I sort of just put up with him. I can't look at soccer the way I used to. Skyler and Tyler got me into soccer and it's weird and I'm put off. I just can't do it anymore. I have a lot of anger and I just need to punch something or someone. I'm just so done." I finish off. A tear slips out from the corner of my eye.

"Renae, I know it's hard, but it will get easier." I look up at him. his he serious, he's acting like everyone else. Giving me bullshit.

"Yeah bullshit. You don't know what I'm going through."

"Don't assume what I've been through. I lost my brother when I was in university. I dropped out and did drugs, I wasn't a good person, but then I met a girl that changed that for me. I went back to school got my degree in teaching. I asked her to marry me, but she turned me down and left, but I kept going, because it may hurt, but you must keep going. You have to keep going Renae." Well that's not what I expected him to say.

"Are you saying I should get back with Dylan to only get my heart broken?" I was slightly confused as to what he was saying to me.

"What I mean, is that I went through what you're going through. Just don't mess your life up too much. Do what you need to do." I sort of got it, but he was starting to sound like Jake.

"Well thanks coach." He pulls me into a hug. At first, I awkwardly pat him on the back, then realize what's happening and that I really needed a hug right now, so I hug back, properly.

"Just remember there's always a spot on the team for you, okay?" I nod and walk away.

As I walk away, I think back on the conversation. He didn't tell me to stop what I was doing, to just make sure I don't do anything too stupid that could fuck everything up. Who would of though he lost his brother. Damn. This it too much, I walk into bio. I plop myself in the back. Dylan walks in, shit I forgot we were in the same class. He looks at me and smiles slightly. My heart flutters. Shit this is not good.