Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I run down to the lobbly at exactly ten. I hope that leaving Gunner upstairs was a good idea because I didn't want him to bark but at the same time I thought of him as being a good guard dog.

I find Tobias and Christina talking outside amd meet up with them.

"Hey Tris!" Says Christina. "I see that we're all matching." All three of us where dark colored clothes.

"I guess great minds think alike." I say trying to somewhat cheer up the mood that Tobias doesn't seem to have considering his dull expression. He just looks beyond him as if he's thinking about something.

"You okay?" I ask but the expression stays the same. I hate when people do this to me and I always feel the need to snap. "Look, if you're just going to-"

"I'm not ignoring you Tris. I'm just wondering if it's best that you come along. I mean, don't want you to get hurt in case something happens." He turns to look at me.

"Why do you always think something bad has to happen? Why do you always think that I'm someone you have to look after all the time?" I said it. I shouldn't have said it but I just did and now I can't take it back. I begin to feel hollow inside.

"I look after you because i'm worried about you! Don't you have any memory recall from what happened in the past. Where you really did die and I thought I lost you forever. I feel the need to look after you because when you really did need me I wasn't there. This is why I get like this everythime we go somewhere or even something perhaps as simple as where we're going now."

He has a point and I failed to see it before. I should accept the fact but I don't like to be looked after like a child. Right here and right now doesn't look like a place to pick a fight so I let the topic go.

"Sorry I failed to see your point but I just... nevermind." I felt like a little kid being punished.

I look away from Tobias and over to find Christina coming with Jessica. Her pretty blonde hair is put up in a light bun and bounces up and down everytime she walks.

"Ready to go guys?" She says. We all nod and begin to follow her down the street thats only lighted by a few streetlights and some car headlights that pass us by. Jessica walks along side me.

"So Tris," begins Jessica, "I think it's pretty cool to see someone like you come on a mission like this when their pregnant. Thats not something you see everyday." I still don't understand this girl and what she does for a living but one thing for sure is that she does like to to start gossip.

"Uh, yeah. It's something i'm used to."

"Good luck with that." She says and laughs a little. She walks down off the street and into a number of alleys to where we soon find a building surrounded by gates. I assume its the base of enforcements because of all the danger signs and spikes at the top of the gate.

"Follow the gate down and we should find a hole in the ground for all four of us to fit under." We do what she says and find the hole. I almost didn't fit because of how large I have gotten but I managed to get through. Tobias pulls me to my feet and whispers something in my ear.

"I love you, you know."

I feel glad he's not mad at me for what I had said earlier and I plant a kiss on his cheek.

Jessica points to a small window along the building and says that it has to be the meeting room window. I lean my body against the building to better see whats going on through the window. Tobias stands next to me and I grab his hand. The meeting already started and I can hear a mumble of words being spoken. Then I hear a familar voice and find that Jessicas dad is talking.