RUNNING LATE

March 25, 2021
Seoul, South Korea
9:04 AM

"Jimin-ah! Don't run! You're gonna hurt your feet again!"

"I'm late Seokie-ah, I've gotta run! My feet will be fine," Jimin ran from one side of the studio apartment to the other, making sure to grab everything he needed and stuffing them in his bag.

"Maybe if you actually got up when your alarm went off then maybe, just maybe you wouldn't have to rush!" Hoseok shouted from within the covers, face burried completely in them, eyes still shut from the tiredness.

"Maybe you should've woke me up earlier," Jimin mumbled under his breath, a pillow soon hit him on the head.

"Stop complaining and get outta here," Hoseok groaned, hiding his face completely under the blankets and pretending to go back to sleep. 

"See you later, 'kay?" Jimin said as he headed to the door, "Love you, get some rest hyung," with that, he shut the door softly and locked it as fast as he could.

On a normal day, Jimin would have woken up at 7:30, he would have got in the shower, got dressed, brush his teeth, fix himself a quick breakfast, gather his stuff and head out the door 15 minutes before 9 AM.

Not today though. Today wasn't a normal day.

His alarm went off, and he pressed the snooze button about 3 times. By the time he did manage to get up, it was almost 8 and he still hadn't taken a shower. After doing so, it was 8:15 and he still hadn't gotten dressed or anything of that stuff. When he managed to get everything together, it was already 9. Hoseok hadn't even bothered to wake him up whereas he had been working overnight shifts, and couldn't even lift a leg in the mornings. He had to run out the door as soon as possible, he even had to skip breakfast. And let's not even mention the fact that he even forgot to bring his jacket. He didn't realize that until he was outside, and the cool wind of spring hit him right on the face.

He had two choices, run and make it to the train on time and get to the academy a bit late but freeze his ass off.

Or go back up to his home, get a jacket and be warm with the possibility of missing the train, and most likely being 2 hours late to the academy.

He went with the first option, and ran through the empty streets of the city, and down to the subway station, where he just barely (by 2 minutes) made it in time for the next train.

He found a seat near the window, and sat down. He felt his phone vibrate, a message notification popped up with Hoseok's picture.

Seokie
Idiot, you forgot your jacket.

Seokie
Just stay warm, 'mkay?
I'll go pick you up tonight.

Jimin replied with a smug smile, then slid the phone in his pocket.

-

When the train came to a stop, more people started pooling in. Men is suits, high school students in uniforms, some women in scrubs and even some elderly people came in, making the ride to his destination a bit more noisy.

After 25 minutes of incoherent laughs and muffled voices, his stop finally came. He checked his phone once again, it was almost 10 AM. This was a new record of his, the latest he had ever shown up was 8:43 and that was because there was a two way subway wreck, and the trains were canceled for several minutes.