What just happened?

Maui's pov

I help her ready her canoe in silence.
"Mo-...Are you sure this is what you want?, cause I mean I got your back either way... I just-"
I watch her pack silently.
Her shoulders fall and she lets out a sigh.
"What else can I do?" She questions softly. "This is who I am. Who I want to be... I feel like I can serve my people and my self from the ocean...so that's what I have to do. "she continues as she moves things around.
I look at her. What does this mean for you though Mo? Have you really considered what you are sacrificing
She turns and meets my gaze with strong eyes. I cant help but look at her with reinsurance.
She's made up her mind and the only thing I can do to help her is support it.
I think about Sina at Moana's celebration.
'She listens to you...'
Almost makes me want to laugh. She listens to no one but her herself. 
"Moana!"
My eyes land on Sina.
They collide with a hug. Moana cries her apology.
"I'm so sorry momma. But I can't do it... I can't choose-"
"Shh my little minnow. I know." Sina looks at Moana and wipes the tears from her cheeks looking her in the eyes.
"You are so brave and strong" she smiles holding Mo's face.
Sina chuckles," the gods know, I couldn't have done that at your age. It took me many years to understand what you have."
"Moana baby, I will always love you and I could wish nothing more than for you to follow your heart with the kind of determination you had today."
Moana smiles. "Go do what you have to and be safe. Don't forget about us though. Make this oofe bring me letters of your travels." she gesture to me.
"I want to know everything." She encourages.
She hands Moana a satchel. And kisses her cheek.
"Did you get everything?, another change of clothes?"
Moana chuckles, and nods " yeah, I got it all."
Sina turns to me " take care of my daughter and bring me word of her travels. If anything happens to her I want to know first from you. Not in vague news from our other islands. You understand?" She looks at me sternly.
I nod a little taken back by how intimidating Sina can be.
"Good. I'm not saying I hold you responsible for her or anything just, teach her how to survive before you run off to save the world again. And at least check up on her you know?" Sina rambles.
"I will" I interrupt​ her. She looks at me a little surprised, "I will make sure she knows how to stay safe on her own in my absence." I inform her with a smile.
She smiles at me "I always knew I liked you. "
She grabs my necklace and pulls me down into a hug " be safe and take care of yourself." She whispers before letting me loose.
"I have to go deal with collateral from your argument with your father."  She smiles looking to Moana. "I'm going to miss you two." her smile fades. "I love you," her eye move to mine, "Both of you... stay safe."
She forces herself to walk away but can't help and look back at us.
"I will always be with you two no matter where you go" she announces and grabs her heart before running up the shore.

I look to Moana. She smiles "I think it's time to go. If we leave now Passivinia will be insight by mid day tomorrow." 

---------------------------------------
Sorry its super short but that is why it has another chapter with it.
Im really trying to lean towards a different type of life for moana. One where she chooses the life of a voyager instead of a cheif.
Umm i really hope to develop moana into a tough ass character who is still caring and all the amazing things that she is but shes knowledgeable of the world and has gone to all these islands and had all these experiences and shes just more experienced.
After all moana is growing up and i want to have her mature but at the same time not settle.
I defaintly dont plan to make her life as a voyager sound all hunky dory or with out its sorrows cause that would be boring but ...
I think im talking to much about what i want to do with the story... so ... ill let you read and see if you like this alternate maturing of moana into an underdog type Character who hasnt exactly chosen ( not the easy way but) the easy way (hehe) or the way sat in front of her.
So i hope you guys will enjoy the story from here and if you have tips on how to write the story or ideas ... im always up for it.