Suspiciously

Moanas pov

My hand mindlessly dips into the ocean and my eyes land on the sun. It's falling in the sky. We should be nearing Passivina. I blankly observe the horizon through squinted eyes trying to make sense of the fire of lights glimmering across the ocean. "So what's the plan?"

"The plan is to deliver a formal apology for the misunderstanding."
He chuckles bluntly making the canoe shake. My eyes land on him.

"So we are just going to dance our way up to their village fale and say sorry but you don't get an alliance because we already had one," he announces up into the air. He lays on his back staring at the lightening sky with a soft smile of amusement on his lips. I stay silent. "No wonder Sina told me to look after you, you're clueless."

"I am not clueless!" I defend. "You've never done anything like this before. This isn't some monster whose secretly the goddess we are looking for, or some singing narcissistic crab. These are village people. An island full of village people who are particularly favorable of the ways of war." I think about what he's saying, "Then we will have to appeal to those things."
"Easier said than done" he notes as he sits up.

"Knowing what to say and what not to say could be the difference between life or death. And mortals are the worlds worst for changing their minds. Gods are easy to predict, they act the same way over thousands of years but mortals.. 100 years if their lucky and they are constantly changing their opinions and approaches" he rambles. " the point is if your going to make a life out of voyaging then you'll have to realize real quickly many of these people will be looking out for themselves. Your name will only carry you so far on any of the islands, probably make it harder actually."
"what do you mean?" I question. "people will either be expecting you to handle any situation like the princess you are or fail like an inexperienced over her head runaway." he gives me a mellow apologetic glance.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at him questionably, " I don't care what they expect. Everything I do and strive for is going to be for what I want to be and what I want to do for others. and I'm not going to sacrifice those things to please anyone."

His expression is unreadable as his eyes stay glued on me.

Maui's POV

I stare at her, knelt, one hand on the oar the other dripping water. She mindlessly sails the canoe like it's second nature. I believe every word she says. How uncompromising her motives are. How strong her resolve is. I know she will make meeting other royalties second nature like she has sailing. like she does all things she wants.
I have no doubt she will be the one to get us out of more sticky situations than I'd care to believe we will get caught in. And I'd beat my hook that she will out do me more than once.

But right now she doesn't have that experience yet. And I can't help but feel like passivina isn't the place to test beginners luck.

"Okay" I say finally. my eyes land on the horizon. "I've got your back princess."

-----------PASSIVINA-----------

Moanas pov

"We are here to speak with the chief" I answer the men. " I am Moana of Montinui. You have royalty on my island sent by your chief, He will know who I am."

"Indeed I do know who you are." My eyes land on the chief of passivina. He's broad and big in size. he's muscular and tattooed. Like a tall Maui with softer facial features. The men step aside. "And I welcome you to our island as you have welcomed my son and I before that." I nod respectfully, "Thank you."

"Well if you wish to talk follow me." he says simply turning on his heels. I glance back at Maui. He just shrugs like well it is what we wanted to do right?