21

"Ron? Is that you?" My eyes scan over the boy I used to know. No longer is he a scrawny boy. Ron still stands at his six foot height, but now he has gained an extra fifty pounds of pure muscle. He also ditched the glasses for contacts.

"No, Queen Sonya. It's Ladasha. Can't you tell?" He fakes a hairflip and I can't help but laugh.

"Oh, Ladasha! I've missed you so much!" I giggle.

"King Blake sent me up here to retrieve you." Ron offered a lopsided grin. I smile.

"Lead the way." I loop our arms together.

Ron leads us down the stairs. "So...the...ummm...what is it?" He rus the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's a boy." I rub my swollen belly with my opposite hand.

"Have you thought of any names?"

"Rion James." I stop walking and look up at Ron. "Do you like it?" My eyes started watering at the possibility that he didn't like it. "You don't like it, do you?" I take another step.

"Queen S-" Before I have time to turn to Ron, I am tumbling down the long staircase. I hear a strangled cry and realize that it came from me. My hands protectively wrap around my stomach. My head bounces off of every step. Finally, my tumbling stops. My whole body feels numb.

"Sonya! Sonya? What happened, Ron?" I hear Blake's voice growing closer.

"Your Highness. It was my fault, sir. She was looking at me, she looked like she was about to cry. She took another step and rolled down the stairs. I'm sorry, Your Highness."

"Go get the doctor. We have to make sure everything is okay with her." Shaun's directions are pointed at Ron.

"I'm fine," I mutter. I guess nobody heard me, because I am scooped into Blake's arms and rushed to the medical ward.

Suddenly, Blake stops. "Ron. Shaun. Go get your mates. Now."

"Your Highness?" Angie and Cass reply at the same time.

"Sonya just..peed on me, what should I do?" Angie and Cass stifle laughs.

"Sir, I don't think she peed. She's going into labor." Angie says.

I cry out as a sharp pain runs through my abdomen. "Contractions, Sir. Don't be scared. Lay her on the floor. Grab some towels and pillows. Quickly. If you can, get a doctor. Hurry." I feel the cool floor under me and hear heavy steps running away from me. "Cass. Grab her hand."

"What if she breaks it?" Cass sounds scared.

"We owe this to her, Cass. Your hand will here." Angie's voice is stern.

Cass's hand grabs mine. "I'm sorry if i hurt you Cass." I mumble.

Another round of pain runs through my stomach and wraps around to my back. My back arches and Cass lets out a cry as I grip her hand tightly.

"Breathe, Sonya. Deep breaths." I take a shaky breath and let it out. "Where is that darn king? You'd think he'd have pillows and towels at his expense."

"Here! Sorry!" Blake's voice sends shivers down my spine.

"Trade with Cass. Sonya already snapped her fingers." I feel Blake's large hands wrap around one of mine. My head is lifted up and a pile of pillows are placed under me.

"Baby, take deep breaths." Angie props my legs up and removes my bottoms.

As the periods of pain became longer and closer they become, the harder it becomes too much to handle.

"Shaun! Ron! Is the doctor coming?" Angie yells to the other room. Her voice sounds strained.

"No, he is in a surgery right now." Shaun replies.

"Then, get another doctor!" Blake growls through clenched teeth.

Shaun and Ron run off. "Your Highness, it's time. Sonya, when I say push, push."