Chapter 3

Finally Thursday had arrived! I jump out of bed suddenly enthusiastic. Today I will ask Chris out! Ugh, what am I saying, I'll probably make a fool of myself before I do. I sigh. I go into the bathroom and look at the mirror. I look like hell. How could anybody say yes to me. I open the top drawer and pull out a metal brush. Although I hate brushing my hair and making myself look pretty, I had to. I need Chris to say yes today.

Ten minutes later, I come out the bathroom, my hair silky, soft, and knot less and me smelling like apples. Ugh, I absolutely hate being preppy looking but I had to I guess. Sigh, I really hope he says yes. I go into the kitchen, heat up my lunch for school, pack my bag, and put on my shoes. As I do, my brother comes thundering down the stairs. “Alexandra! Did you heat up my lunch?!”

“Yeah. Go put on your shoes and shut up will ya? It's school morning, don't you know?” I hear my brother muttering something under his breath, but right now I don't really care. All I want right now is the bus to come and pick us up so I can finally talk to Chris. My wish is answered when I see the bus outside. Quickly I grab my bag and dash outside. “Vincent, come on the bus is here!” I jump out and run to the bus.

When I get in, I'm breathless, and my hair is a total wreck. Ugh, what a waste of my time.

When the bus reaches the school, I look out the window to see Chris walking across the street. Sigh, he may not be the cutest but looks can be deceiving, right? I mean look at me. I get off the bus and walk into the school. Please hope today goes well.

As I enter my classroom I see that the setup of the desks had been changed. Holy shit. My desk is one seat over from Chris. Why the hell did the teacher to change our seats TODAY?! Now I really have to ask him today! I walk to my desk and unpack my things. “Hey, Alex.” I turn to my left to see Chris, standing but one foot away from me. “Um, hi. Christopher right?”

“Yup.....So your sitting in between Anthony and Jennifer, I see.”

I look at the names on the desks besides me and I realize he's right.

“Oh, great.” I sigh as I see how bad my seating is.

“What's wrong. Anthony's a great person to sit with, ain't he? And Jennifer seems nice too.”

“Heh. It's isn't and umm, yeah Anthony's nice but it's Jennifer that kind of bothers me. She's kind of crazy. Heh. I've known her from Kindergarten.”

“Oh......Okay, then.” Then he turns away and goes into our classroom closest (which I swear is the longest and biggest closet I have been in). I sigh, great I blew it. I grab my chair and slump into it and sigh.

How much worse can this day get?