three // rants

"Hello?"

"G'morning, sweetie-poo!"

"Oh. It's you."

"I'm excited to hear from you too!"

"I'm hanging up."

"WAIT! Don't you want to stay for a while? Talk about life, love, and the things that make us lie awake until twelve a.m.? Things that you'd usually find on Tumblr posts or justgirlythings or whatever site you girls are into."

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack."

"It's... twelve in the morning."

"No shit, Rivera. I can tell the time. I'm a big boy."

"Whatever. I need to rant and get some shit outta the way, anyways. But you have to promise not to tell anyone."

"I barely even know you. Who would I even tell, sweetie-poo?"

"Are you gonna listen, or are you gonna be an asshole until I hang up on you so you can go about your sad, pathetic life?"

"... I'm listening."

"Good."

"So I have this best friend, and she's absolutely gorgeous and funny-"

"Is she single?"

"No interrupting my sob story, Saunders. Now, back to the rant- so she's beautiful, yeah? And I've had this GINORMOUS crush on this guy-"

"Ginormous? Really?"

"Aaand, I'm hanging up."

"SORRY- I'M KIDDING, I LOVE THAT ADJECTIVE, IT'S SO SEXY."

"... Anyways. This guy- who's built like the gods, by the way- is pretty close to us both. And my best friend knows I like him. Like, so much. So, imagine my surprise when-"

"She tells you that she's dating your crush out of the blue, and now she's ignoring you because she doesn't want to make everything so awkward?"

"I thought we had an agreement on no interrupting, Saunders. But- yes. Yes, that's basically it. Are you sure you're Emmett Saunders? You could practically pass as a girl with a manly voice. Don't be shy, I don't judge."

"Oh. My. God. I knew you wouldn't judge me, Lyssy! Let's be, like, BFFFLs!"

"Please don't do that again. And what the frick is BFFFL?"

"Best Friends Forever For Life."

"...Aaand, I'm really hanging up now. Bye!"

"BFFFL? BFFFL? Not again... Goodnight, Lys."

...

i gotta go get me my own BFFFL. 

thanks so much for the positive response so far! i hope you're enjoying the characters as much as i am. epic side note tho- i'm still having a really hard time picturing out who Lys would be in real life, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment!

chapter dedicated to  iwearheelys bc her work is stunning xx