Chapter eleven - Masquerade Ball

Chapter eleven

Why did I even make the deal with Ryder, he would obviously win since my mask is so obvious.

I was at Ryder's house he told me a sandwich for him, I got out a knife and spreaded butter on the bread once I did that I put the ham on top of it and cheese.

Just today Madison, this is the last day of the bet.

I seriously didn't want to make him a sandwich but I had to.

Once I finished I placed it on a plate, I took it with me upstairs to his room.

Once I made it upstairs to Ryder's room, he was sat down playing on his phone. I handed him the the sandwich.

"I remembered to put food poisoning." I said while sitting on of his spinning chair.

I looked at Ryder, poor him he looked like a child. "I'm kidding, I didn't put food poising in."

"Who knows what your capable of." Ryder muttered but I heard what he said, I rolled my eyes at him.

He took a big bite out of sandwich and moaned, he said it was really good I smiled.

I kept on looking at my phone wondering if Jake would reply, I asked him if he could take me to the masquerade ball just as friends, but he hasn't replied and it's been 20 minutes. Maybe he's busy, I thought but he could at least check his phone.

"Why do you keep staring at your phone?" Ryder asked staring at me.

I sighed. "Why does it matter to you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh don't worry it doesn't," he laughed, god I was thinking of ways to kill him. "So have you found a date to the masquerade ball?" he asked.

A smile tugs on my lips. "What makes you think I'd bring someone with me?"

"Well I made it clear that I'd bring someone and I told you do to the same. Plus we made a deal, you don't want to break the deal to do?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "The last we made a deal, I ended up being your slave." He smirked.

My phone vibrated in my hands, I looked at the message.

Sure I'll come pick you up at 7:25, it's good that you asked me because I don't have someone to bring, but don't worry like you said just as friends see you later :) - Jake

I smiled yes I have someone to take me.

"Would you quite smiling and tell me if someone’s going to take you?" his voice raised a little, what's wrong with Ryder, he couldn't be jealous could he? of course not he's the school's player he doesn't fall in love, he makes love.

"Yes as a matter of fact, someone is taking me to the masquerade ball." I said smiling, if he wants to play game then I'll sure play along.

He nodded and then turned his head. I looked away and went back to my phone and texted Jake back.

Thanks Jake you saved my life today, 7:25 sounds good, and where were you I texted you like 20 minutes ago and no reply :( -Me

Ryder's phone started ringing, he answered it.

"Hello?" he asked. "Oh hey....no today sounds good, I'll pick you at 7:30 make sure to be ready, I'll see you later baby." I rolled my eyes and somehow felt a little weird in my stomach, I shook it off and when back to my phone.

My brother is back in town and he was wondering if I could meet up with him, mum and dad aren't really happy with him and he's all I've got, so I was busy, plus my phone was on silent, I was going to call you but I thought you'd be busy. - Jake