Chapter twenty two - Promise You

Cover on the side made by @xDemonsFlowerx For the beautiful cover!! <3

Chapter twenty two – Promise You

“So tell me,” I said edging closer to Lucas. “Did Chloe tell you to take me to this café?” I asked narrowing my eyes at him.

He nervously chuckled and then rubbed the back of his neck, of course he was lying. “Yes.” Maybe that was easier than I thought, I thought he would of lied but he didn’t.

“Oh.” Was all I could think off.

He quickly responded. “B-but don’t get me wrong, I mean I wanted to see you. I just didn’t think taking you to a café would be one, you know?” I didn’t quite understand but I nodded. “I mean Madison, you’re a beautiful girl any guy would be wanting to be near you and would do anything for you.”

“Are you referring me to a goddess?” he chuckled shaking his head. “I mean a goddess sounds pretty awesome.” I joked, we both laughed.

He nodded at me. “Goddess it is.” I looked up at him and found him staring at me, as I looked down and blushed. What the hell?

I quickly changed the subject, while stirring my hot chocolate, not a big fan of coffee or tea. “So, how was Australia?”

Lucas spent this education in Australia, he wanted to get out of the country for a while and after spending a few weeks in Australia he decided that he wanted to take college there. Not bad Australia, I mean I heard it’s very hot there, a lot of things to do than New York, but hey – who knows?

He cleared his throat. “No, it was great I currently have friends.” He joked, obviously I didn’t take it as a joke.

“Oh really?”

He laughed. “Does kangaroo’s count?” I raised an eyebrow giving him a are-you-kidding look. He stopped laughing as he saw that I was being serious. “I was kidding by the way.” I rolled my eyes and smiled.

“Of course I knew.”

He narrowed his eyes at him as he had a little grin plastered on his face. “Oh really, it sure didn’t seem like it.” I stuck my tongue at him, how childish of me. He laughed shaking his head. “You definitely haven’t changed Madison, I still remember you when you were 15 and I was 17 and we were at the beach with Zach your brother. Do you remember when I took away your ice cream-…” I cut him off.

“Just be clear, it was my favourite ice cream.” I defended myself.

He puts his hands in surrender. “O-okay, and I took away your favourite ice cream,” he said ‘favourite’ loud and boldly, I smiled proudly. “And you looked like you were about to cry but instead you stuck your tongue at me like a child. Obviously later you added in your puppy dog face and I mean how could I resist that. You always had a cute face.” I choke on my drink as he said I always had a cute face, he looked at concerned. I got a napkin on dapped it around my mouth.

“Did I say something wrong?” I shook my head.

“The drink was hot and well I kind of choked on it.” I lied, the hot chocolate was cold already from both of us talking to each other.

I knew Lucas was going to say more but he kept his mouth shut and said, “So the whole thing about Chloe, I mean the big news.” I forgot that he found out. “Pretty shocking, huh?”

“I guess, when did you find out?”

He ran a hand through his hair. “Last month. Obviously Aunt Veronica wasn’t good at keeping secrets, so it came out when she was talking about baby clothes and it suddenly ended up leading up to Chloe being pregnant.” Chloe’s mom was always nervous about keeping secrets it wasn’t a huge shock to me that she would spill this out.