(Ch.6) Hunted Prey

Ruby- Your POV 6:33 Pm

You were walking with your group after leaving Higanbana. Making your way further towards Haven.

Nora: Another day, Another adventure!

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Ruby: Haven is a lot further away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby... How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home.

Jaune: Right but... How long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... Two weeks?

Jaune: What?!

Ruby: Okay fine, three or something! Look, whatever.

You: Well I've been out here for years, it's like nature to me. Also, we have to remember it's been quite a long while since we left. I suspected you were already used to it, Ruby.

Ruby: I guess not, just I kinda miss my Dad and Yang... And everyone else...

You: Don't worry, we'll see them again someday.

Ruby: I guess you're right... Hey, what's that?

All of you turn to see a giant wall that looks damaged and smoke coming from it. You try to get a better look at it.

Jaune: That's strange... I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days,

Nora: Are those buildings... Damaged?

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

You: Right!

Jaune drops the map and all of you race forward into the area. You dash forward checking each building.

Looking and looking you try to go into the other buildings or hear anyone.

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

Jaune: No one over here either!

You: I've checked everywhere, but still nobody!

Ren: It almost seems like the town was abandoned.

You look around your surroundings and walk over to Ruby.

You: Come on, let's go.

Ruby: Yeah, sure.

Then she takes your hand as you lead her forward towards the others.

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

You and Ruby ran up ahead to see what was going on.

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it..

Jaune: Me neither.

Ren: I have. You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the kingdom was being run. Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city.. With their own laws. They hoped one day, it could maybe even become its own kingdom. Many thought it would be the future. I know my parents did.

Ruby: What happened?

Ren: What always happens.

Jaune: The Grimm...