(Ch.8) Truth Be Told

Ruby- Your POV 10:16 Pm

After your run-in with Tyrian, you and Qrow were injured in the battle. Qrow had his bandages around his waist, yours wrapped around your right shoulder blade and shoulder.

You had made it far away from Oniyuri and had made camp. All of you were sitting around the campfire, the silent night was the only thing to be heard.

Qrow had finished telling the story about the Maidens.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need Dust to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are 4 of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. The best option, it's someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

You: Jaune, don't.

Qrow: *Sighs* The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, and inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know as Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid if we didn't do anything, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: So, you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything. Me, Ozpin, Glynda, Ironwood, and -Y/N gave her options. -Y/N had the more natural way of receiving the powers. Otherwise, we had to use science and technology... Which I don't trust that mumbo jumbo. We explained the situation and gave her a choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

You see Jaune turn around and leave his seat. He walks for a little bit in distrust and anger.

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian. Why was he after me and -Y/N?

Qrow: *Sighs* Well, you painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you Sliver eyes are a rare trait. And the fact that you're someone who was able to use them seems to upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about silver eyes. But those who do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you. To make sure you were safe. All of you. *Motioning to Jaune*

Ruby: Well, then, why not just travel with us? It seems like that would've been way easier.

Jaune: He was using you as bait.

You: Jaune, could you quit it.

Jaune: *Sighs*

Qrow: Look, I wouldn't put it like that; it's... Complicated.

Jaune: What is all of this? Ruby and -Y/N are being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what? What is the point of all this? Will you tell us what's going on?!

Qrow: *Sighs* Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, kid.

Jaune sits down with a look of disdain.

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days. This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believed Ozpin, two of them are actually real. They were Brothers. The older sibling, the god of light, found joy in creating forces of life. Meanwhile, the younger brother, the god of darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas about how things should go. The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, and wildlife. And at night, his brother would wake to see all the things that the elder had made and became disgusted. To counteract his brothers' creations, the god of darkness brought drought, fire, and famine, all he could do to rid Remnant of life. But life always returned. So, one night, the younger brother went and made something. Something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything.