(Ch.5) A New World

Blake- Your POV- 2:34 Pm.

You had reached the shore of Menagerie, you, Blake, and Sun got prepared to get off the ship.

The bridge lowered and hit the shore with a small thud. You can hear bells being rung as you start to walk off.

Sun: Oh...

As you looked around you saw major loads of Faunas in what you can think is a market. All kinds and types were everywhere, even some you had never seen before.

You looked in amazement at how beautiful it looked.

You: Wow, this place looks really nice.

Blake: I guess you can say that.

Sun: *Awed* Whoa... Whoa... I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!

Blake: This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Sun: Wow.

You: But I thought they were cautious about humans?

Blake: They are, they just don't show it well.

As she says this you turn your head to see some darting eyes move away from you.

You: Yeah... A hard time showing it eh...

Sun: Sure is, uh crowded, huh?

Blake: Yes, yes it is.

All of you continue moving through the crowd and you get a good look around the land. You see some of the traditions that go on here.

You follow close behind Sun and Blake. They start to think a bit.

Sun: Is it always so... cramped?

Blake: Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped.

Sun: What?! Do you guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!

Blake: It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions.

Sun: So, they gave us a terrible island in the corner of Remnant to try and shut us up.

Blake: That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Sun: Huh. Jerks. No offense.

You: Non-taken.

Blake: We've tried to make the best of things.

Sun: Whoa...

Blake: This is Kuo Kuana.

You: It's beautiful...

Sun: It's.... Beautiful... I take it back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?

Blake: That's not the point, Sun. We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else. Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So, we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunas could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal. That we're still second-class citizens.

Sun: Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home.

You: Well, you guys can say that but I for one in the past half hour or so had daggers stared behind my back... So, I say home sweet home.

Blake: I told you they are cautious.

You: I know.

Blake: *Sighs* Alright. Time to go home.