Chapter 4

"Wait, he went to your house?" Octavia asked almost dropping her take away coffee cup.

"Yeah, he said he thought it was your house though. . ." Clarke thought back to last night, how Bellamy had finally opened back up to her. "He uh- he held Augustus, and put him to bed."

Octavia looked at her with wide eyes. "Really? That's un-Bellamy-like, Bellamy avoids his problems for as long as he can." Octavia thought for a second. "Well i guess, it is his son and he obviously wants to be in Augustus's life."

"He probably won't remember it-"

"Shit," Octavia said as she lowered her head.

"What?"

"Don't look now but Echo just walked into the cafe."

Clarke's stomach filled with jealousy, she knew that Echo was probably doing a coffee run for Bellamy and his killer hangover. Thankfully, Echo didn't take any notice of Clarke, Octavia or the stroller that Bellamy's son was sitting in.

"Clarke, she doesn't know you're back. Bellamy didn't tell her."

"What? Why?"

"Because he knows what Echo is like, she would probably do something to hurt you, and Augustus. So, don't call attention over here. Actually you know what? Take Augustus to the bathroom, now."

Clarke quickly pushed the stroller into the bathroom while Echo ordered her coffee. Clarke sighed with relief, she wasn't ready to see Echo. Especially not after everything that had happened between her and Bellamy a few years ago.

Octavia put Clarke's coffee cup next to hers just before she heard Echo say her name.

"Octavia," her voice made Octavia cringe. She had always hated Echo but she could never act on it because of Bellamy.

"Echo, how- nice to see you, here. ."

Echo sat down in Clarke's seat. "Have you seen Bellamy? He didn't come home last night and he didn't message me or anything."

"Oh how awful," Octavia said sarcastically. "And no, I haven't seen him. Sorry. Maybe you should take the hint, Echo. He doesn't go home when he's drunk because he doesn't want to deal with you, because you're a raging bitch. Now get out of that seat, grab your coffee and go."

Echo scoffed. "I know you don't like me, and you're lucky that I can't do anything to you because you're Bellamy's sister, but don't test me."

Octavia smiled. "Likewise, now go."

Echo brushed through her long brown hair with her obviously newly manicured nails before she retrieved her coffee and left the cafe.

Clarke poked her head out of the bathroom to see that Echo had left, she looked at Augustus who was just sitting quietly in his stroller. She smiled and made her way back over to Octavia.

"What did she say?"

"Nothing worth reporting. . Lets go to Jasper and Monty's, i hear they're trying some new project with slime or something today. Could be fun," Octavia said as she wiggled her eyebrows.