Chapter 5

Clarke woke up to her beautiful 2 year old giggling whilst jumping on the bed, a bed that wasn't hers.

When she went to Octavia's to pick Augustus up last night, she fell apart in Octavia's arms. Clarke knew that her and Bellamy were over, but hearing him say that he wasn't in love with her anymore made it so surreal.

She missed her old life, before she met Bellamy, before she went through the worst heart break she had ever experienced. She wanted to hate Bellamy, but how could she hate him if he gave her the best gift in the world?

She started to tear up again and she could still see the wet patches on the pillow from where she had been crying with Augustus sleeping in her arms.

Augustus saw that his mom was sad, so he walked over to her and hugged her as tight as he could.

"Why momma sad?" He asked in his small, soft voice. Clarke melted at the sound of it. He was always an observant baby, he got that from her.

Clarke smiled as Augustus put his little hands on her face waiting for her to tell him why she was sad. Clarke shook her head as she wiped her tears off her face. "Momma's not sad, do you wanna go and see if auntie Tav and uncle Linc are awake yet?" Clarke had never said the word uncle or auntie to him before, but he seemed to understand because he waddled out of the spare room towards Octavia and Lincoln's room. Calling them auntie and uncle somehow just felt right.

Clarke wiped her face once more before making her way to the bathroom so that she could splash her face with some water. She felt sick and her hangover wasn't helping.

She was patting her face dry when she heard multiple giggles and screams from James and Augustus as they came bounding down the hallway. Lincoln was chasing them yelling something along the lines of 'who dares to wake me up this early.'

Clarke smiled as she watched the scene play out. Lincoln was an amazing dad, he was loving and he could be a kid when he wanted to be. Thats one of the reasons why Augustus had taken to him so well. Normally it took Augustus more than a week to allow someone new to hold him, let alone feed him and bath him.

Clarke saw Octavia laying on her bed, she had a pillow over her face to cover the sunlight from the gap in the curtains. Clarke made her way into the room and sat on the other side of the bed.

Octavia removed the pillow from her face with a grunt. "Lincoln can you please close the curt- oh Clarke shit sorry," Octavia giggled. "I thought you were Lincoln."

Clarke smiled and walked over to the curtains and closed the small gap the was brightening up the room more than it should.

"Thanks," Octavia said as Clarke made her way back over to the bed. "Hey, you don't look too good."

"Thanks, O. You know not everybody looks good when they have a hangover."

"No Clarke, i mean it. You look really pale in the face, do you feel alright?"

"I feel like i have a hangover, Octavia."

Octavia rolled her eyes before walking towards her bathroom. "So about last night-"

"Octavia i really dont want to talk about it. I get it. I get that Bellamy's moved on, and I'm glad I didn't want him to wait for me for 3 years and he didn't. But i will admit that it hurts, hearing him say that he doesn't love me in the way that he used to, but i will get over it. I will move on too, but I don't really want to focus on a relationship right now, i want to focus on my son."