XXVI

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX; SEASON SEVEN
|DAMAGED ANGEL|

"No one has to die"

___

What seemed like an eternity was just a week. Negan had stayed by her side; hadn't move nor left the room unless it was to check on his men.

Dr. Carson had come by daily to check on her wounds and her progress. Within a few days her wounds slowly healed, but there was indeed scars left behind.

As for Lucille herself, she hadn't reacted at all. On the fourth day she had woken up. Negan was by her side when she opened her dull brown eyes. She felt many things, she felt pain, she exhausted, but at the same time she felt nothing.

Negan ushered her to tell who the sick bastard was, he asked her to remember that night. And indeed she did. It was still vividly stuck in her mind. Playing over and over again.

That same day she asked her father to help her take a shower. The feeling of  the sick human hands touching her, taking advantage of her made her sick and she wished to sit under the shower until her skin dissolved.

It was like if that night everything she had, was taken away. Her voice was gone. She had gone mute. Her only way to respond was to nod or point. That's if she's even paying attention. The days she had been awake consisted of staring at the wall.

Negan tried everything in his power to help her. He made Eugene make a cake for her, asked one of his wives to take her outside, pick flowers for her, but with all his efforts nothing worked.

The only thing that made her feel peace was viewing the small garden that could be seen from Negans window. It was then that she noticed that the Sanctuary did have color. It ranging from red vibrant roses to rare yellow tulips. Never would she imagine such flowers growing in such a ugly place.

Negan hadn't told Lucille about the guest who shot up his men, the same night Lucille had made her appearance. With much consideration, he thought if Lucille saw Sasha, It'll bring a smile on her face. To get any reaction from her, because he was desperate. He entered his room for the fifth time that day, his eye catching Lucille sitting on the floor, staring at the wall. His heart always pained him at the sight of his daughter, his broken daughter.

"Lucy"

The small pale face turned to meet her fathers eyes - she blinked as she turned back to the wall.