Chapter 12

Enjoy~

________________________________

~(Y/n)'s P.O.V~

I copy down Touka's notes.

"Again, sorry for asking you" I say.

"Don't worry about it" She smiles. I missed a class because of a... difficult situation I had earlier. She hands me another tissue and I finish.

I hand her back her notebook and put away mine.

"So I guess you'll be going home?" She asks.

"No not after what happened" I sigh. "Mind if I join you and Kaneki?"

Touka nods and waits for me to get my stuff. I take out my phone to text Shinohara about my location.

Me: You don't have to pick me up, Shinohara. I'll be at Anteiku with friends.
✓Sent at 5:47 PM

Shinohara: Okay get home safe, I'll be late again. Should I tell Juuzou?
✓Sent at 5:52 PM

Me: Please don't...
✓Sent at 5:54 PM

I put my phone away and walk with Touka. She looks at me and gives me a smile, her cheeks give off a rosy hue from cold. Cute. (I'm gay for Touka leave me alone)

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks. I look at her and then at the ground.

"Well you were there... there's nothing to talk about" I say. "I can't believe we made a scene in public..."

"There wasn't anyone outside" Touka says. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Don't take it so hard okay? I'm sure your sister still loves and cares for you very much."

"Yeah..."

~

"Kaneki! Watch out!" Touka scolds the black haired boy after knocking down two cups of hot coffee. "Jesus!"

"Sorry!" He clears his throat. "I'll clean it up right away!"

Kaneki scurries to the back and Hide chuckles as he stares at Kaneki getting a wet rag. I can't help but smile at the warm spark in the boy's eyes.

"Hide, it's rude to stare" I whisper, making the boy jump.

"I wasn't staring!" He huffs. "I was admiring."

We both laugh but it dies down as Touka comes with our order.

I ordered cake and hot chocolate while Hide ordered two sandwiches and iced tea. We thank her and start to eat. Later, the two workers join us and Kaneki pushes Hide over who happily moves.

"God this job got so tiring ever since Kaneki came" Touka sighs, taking a sip of my hot chocolate. I chuckle and eat another piece of the cake.

"Sorry! I'm still learning okay? Give me a break!" Kaneki whines, leaning on his friend's shoulder who smiled at his sandwich at the contact. How cute.

We talk for a while until the door slams open.

"(Y/n)!" Everyone in Anteiku turns around to see Juuzou standing there. My eyes widen a bit and I stand up.

"Juuzou? What're you doing here?"

"Come on! We're going" He says as he walks over to me and takes ahold of my wrist to tug but I resist. I tell him no and that I want to stay longer but he just looks at me without hearing a single word.

"Stop! You're going to hurt her" Touka touches his hand but Juuzou shoots her a warning glare. That still doesn't stop her. She forcefully takes his hand away and holds me close. Then in a second, Juuzou pins Touka down by the throat.