Chapter 11

What!?

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry, lemme try this again. So, how's your family?"

"I'm sorry but you asked for my dad specifically. Why?"

"I thought you lived with your father," he says faintly. Oh

"Oh," I say stretching it out.

He decided to keep quiet and continued driving. We arrived at a outdoor stage that had quite a crowd around it. Beer was strong in the air. I didn't like it but it added to the effect. Colorful strobe lights were placed in bunches around the stage to shine into the crowd.

"It's an open mic," Harry whispered in my ear.

I nod and look at the ever growing crowd. A guy with a stubbled came came on stage. He welcomed the crowd and what not.

"Ima get us drinks. Come for you?"

"Yes thank you," I reply.

He snakes his way through the people and I stand by a pain tree waiting for his return.

It was a while after he left and still hasn't returned. I went out to search for him and squeezed part many people. The body heat was all around me and I felt me forehead dampening. While squishing through everybody, I felt someone's hand brush against my boob.

"Watch your hands," I barked, earning glares.

Finally out of the crowd, I see a dark shadow in between building. Getting closer, I realized that it was Harry talking on the phone. His deep, hushed accent was enough information.

"Yeah, I got it."

"No, She doesn't know."

"Where is it?"

"Who else?"

"Okay. If I get caught, what do I do?"

"And what about her?"

"Sounds like a plan. See you later."

He hung up and I swiftly went back a few meters. Harry came out from his hiding spot and saw me instantly. Acting as if I did not hear his call, I rush to him.

"Make it session," I ask jokingly and laugh.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me then released them when he got what I meant.

"No actually. More of a-- private session," he says playing along.

My eyes went wide. "Are you done," I ask, pretending to be horrified.

"No. Want to help me?"

My jaw dropped and I froze.

"No!"

He chucked and slung his arm around me, leading me back to the spot we were at when we arrived.