chapter nine

wowowow okay i actually stopped making this but do not worry i still have more chapters made which I will now post. im not gonna add on, but after I finish what I already have written, I'll do a big summary of the ending.

I had no idea so many people read it omg im so sorry.

Chapter nine

------------------

Hunter's POV

That night I had a dream.

I appeared to be on a school bus, but all the kids around me had no faces. They all stared straight ahead, not moving a muscle. Outside the bus drove by a kid in a bright red jacket.

He stood alone.

Unlike all the other people I had seen in my dream, he had a face. And he stood there and waved at me. The dream kept repeating; the bus full of faceless kids, and the boy waving at me in a red jacket. Just as I was starting to go insane, the bus drove by a red wagon.

It was an ordinary wagon; a red speck in a field of dying grass. But as the bus drove closer to the red wagon, people started to come out of it. And it wasn't just random people, it was an older version of the people on the bus but with faces. I instantly knew who these people were, even without getting close to them.

They were the people I had known before the accident, who were now long forgotten.

The people marched toward me at a terrifying speed, and I recognized the kid in the red jacket in the front, leading them all. They filed onto the bus and took my hands into their cold lifeless ones. I was too terrified to look up, but something made me. And I knew something was horribly wrong.

They had no eyes.

I screamed, trying to free myself of the boy's grasp. But it was no use. His grip got tighter, and the people started to whisper. It started off as a soft hum in the crowd, but grew into a chant, saying,

"Come with us, come with us."

I kept struggling to free myself of his grasp, and a vision appeared before me. It was the kid in the red jacket, but this time it was me.

I screamed.

I woke up, hot and sweaty and breathing hard. I rolled over to look at the clock; it was 2:30 in the morning. My house was quiet, save for the occasional ticking of a clock. I rolled over, half expecting to see one of the eyeless people to be staring at me. Luckily there weren't. I was feeling too restless to go back to bed.

What did that dream even mean?

I hadn't dreamed once since I woke up from my coma, so obviously this had to mean something. I had to talk to somebody, and the only person I could think of was Britney. I know it was late at night, or early in the morning, but I felt this tug in my chest; pulling me to the car.

Before long, I was pulled up on her driveway. I made my way to the door and knocked. I didn't expect her to answer, but a couple of seconds later, she came. And I could instantly tell something was wrong. Her eyes were red and bloodshot from crying. Immediately, I wrapped her into an awkward hug. I still wasn't quite used to being all romantic and touchy with her.

"Baby whats wrong?" I asked, rubbing her back.

A sob shook her body, and I stood there awkwardly trapped in her embrace, rubbing her back. I really needed to stop being awkward and learn how to be romantic. She pulled me inside, taking deep breaths.

"Why are you here Hunter?" She asked me.

I wanted to know why she was so upset, but she didn't look like she wanted to talk about it.

"I had a dream for the first time since I woke up, and it scared me. But that doesn't matter. Why are you crying?"

She looked like she was about to say something, but then she broke down crying. And this time she didn't stop. I gently lifted her up and carried her upstairs to her bedroom, where she clung to me, sobbing into my chest. We were both on different levels of this relationship. Britney acted like she knew me for years, and I acted like I was still getting to know her. And truth was, that I was.

She let out a sigh and took a deep breath before beginning to talk.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong,"

She looked up at me with pain in her eyes.

"Oh but Hunter, you don't understand. I did."

And with that, she pulled up her sleeve, revealing her arm.

For the second time that night, I screamed.

----------------

I just checked and I had up to chapter eleven finished..should I continue this?

xx,

catherine