chapter five

Hunter

--------------

I went back home later that day and made myself a cup of tea.

I sat down on the couch with my laptop and searched my name. Instantly, hundreds of results popped up.

I had to learn everything I could about myself. And since I was apparently famous, that would be easy.

I took a sip of tea and clicked on the first link.

According to the article, I was a twenty two year old male country pop singer who had an obsession with coffee.

I took one look at the tea I was drinking and spit it out.

I would go out and get some coffee later.

After doing some further research, I found the names of all my band members. It made me so sad to see us all happy together. When in reality, most of them had died. I made a mental note to track down Andy and Sam. I also had a close friend with the name Ainsley Britain. I made another mental note to track her down as well.

I spent hours on that computer, finding out every piece of information there was to be known about me.

As a kid, I had taught myself to play and read music. That gave me an idea.

I looked around the house until I found my guitar.

I held it and tried desperately to remember anything about playing music. But just like everything else there was nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

A sudden rush of anger coursed through my body. I threw my guitar on the ground and screamed. I couldn't take it anymore. Only three weeks since I woke up, and already life seemed pointless.

Tears streamed down my face as I picked up my broken guitar. There wouldn't be a need for it anymore anyway.

A crash of thunder boomed outside and snapped me out of whatever I was in.

There was also a knock on the door. I made my way to where I thought the door was and opened it, only to find a shivering wet Britney.

--------------------

Britney

As soon I saw Hunter, I could tell he'd been crying.

For all of the years that I had dated Hunter, never once had I seen him cry. Something must have been seriously wrong, besides the fact that he had only forgotten his entire life. But I needed to talk to Hunter. Something called me here on this rainy afternoon, I'm not sure what, but I knew that I had to be here.

He took one look at me and pulled me into a hug.

That was one of the last things I expected from him, considering we informally broke up.

"I need you," I whimpered into his chest.

This is the closest I have been to Hunter in months, and God knows that I've missed it.

He rubbed my back and let go, to my disappointment.

"Here, come inside."

He brought me upstairs where he instructed to wait while he got a towel. While he was gone, I looked around his room. It was the same as he left it before the accident. There was a picture of the two of us on his desk, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

A couple of minutes later, I felt Hunter's hand on my back and a towel drapes round my shoulders. I didn't realize how cold I was until now. We both sat down on the bed not saying anything. Finally Hunter broke the silence.

"I forgot how to play music."

His voice cracked as he began to cry, and my heart broke for him. I instinctively leaned in to hug him, not thinking much about it. To my surprise, he hugged me back.

"I need you back Hunter, my life isn't working without you. I find it hard to do the simplest of things, and whatever I do, my brain always goes back to you. You were the piece that held me together when I was going through some horrible things, and without you, I'm scared I'm going to go back to that place again.

I rubbed my hands over my wrists to show him what I meant.

I couldn't tell if he understood, but he hugged me harder.

"Do you think we can try again, Britney? Do you think it could work?"

I looked into the baby blue eyes I have missed for so long.

"I'm not sure if it will, but I'm willing to try if you are."

----------------

well I think I have this whole spacing thing figured out.

everything looks bigger when you read it apparently so sorry about the last couple chapters they must look so messed up.

vote & comment!¡

- catherine x