Are We Even Still Friends?

Youngji put her bag on the chair beside her and then sat down on the other chair. She and her manager unnie were at the restaurant for dinner after she finished filming for a beauty program called Beauty Comes First which she became one of the hosts at the SBS studio. She opened and scanned the menu while her manager was talking on the phone.

"I'd like a portion of samgyetang and lemonade, please." Youngji said to the waiter, "Unnie, what do you want?" She asked her manager.

The manager faced her and asked for makguksu and iced water.

"Who were you talking to, unnie? Why did it take so long?" Youngji asked.

"PD-nim."

"PD-nim?" Youngji was surprised, PD-nim usually calls the managers of the artists himself if the thing is super important. "Why?"

"He reminded me to remind you about tomorrow's singing practice."

"Aah... I got it." Youngji said.

A week ago PD-nim called her to the office and told her that she had a job offer to sing in a music award conducted by SBS at the end of August. Youngji of course felt happy with the job offer because she loves to perform on stage and sing. And she accepted the offer. But, there's something that worried her; not much, but made her think for several days if her decision to accept the job would end up good or not. It wasn't a solo performance. It was a duet performance and the partner was someone who she didn't really expect, even though she never thought it would happen before.

"Your duet partner is really something, you know?!" Youngji's manager said to her.

"I know, right, unnie?!" Youngji too still felt surprised with her duet.

"But, he is a good singer. He does dramas too. I think he is the best singer among his other members."

Youngji chuckled, "You definitely don't want their fans to hear you."

"I'm not saying the other members can't sing. They sure have different types of voices. But in my opinion, he has the best ability to sing a ballad in the group."

Youngji nodded. She admitted her manager unnie got the point. Even in her opinion, even though the other members have a great and individual voice, his is the most suit voice for ballad songs. Then, they continued talking about the dress she should wear to the event and her manager suggested Youngji wear something elegant and sexy which Youngji clearly said no.

The food came out just before Youngji's sister, Song Yeon arrived at the restaurant and joined them.

"Unnie..~" Youngji called, welcoming her beautiful sister. "What'd take you so long?"

"Sorry, Youngji-ah. I need to finish some work before I get here."

Song Yeon sat in front of Youngji beside her manager, and after asking for an extra bowl of rice from the waiter they started to eat.

"How did she do today, unnie?" Song Yeon asked Youngji's manager.

"As usual, she did a great job today." Youngji's manager said, "but she has to maintain her attitude."

"What?" Youngji widened her eyes, feeling surprised because she didn't think she did something wrong today. "What do you mean, unnie? Was I being rude today? Does anyone complain about my attitude?"

"What did she do, unnie?" Song Yeon was curious too. It's hard to imagine Youngji treated other people rudely because as she remembered she even never saw Youngji behaves like a spoiled annoying brat at home. She was always the sweetest.