Chapter 10

----Y/N's P.O.V---

We arrived at a small village in the North called Lunar Village. It's cute and the people around here seem pleasant. Gowther and I have been looking for books for more than two 2 hours in their local library, which is surprisingly huge. I got bored after flipping through pages and looked outside the window to still see the bustle of people outside. Gowther transformed into his normal-looking form; the one with green hair and a yellow jacket. He looks handsome in any form in any way honestly. I swiftly make my way outside the library without Gowther noticing, slowly closing the door. I take a deep breath of the air, looking up at the sky. It was starting to get dark, the sky spreading colors of yellow and orange all over the sky. It was beautiful.
I look around the streets and see children going into their homes while the merchants started closing up their stands. Aw, I didn't get to explore so much.
I began to walk up the street, looking at the different shops closing. There was even a small toy stand making me walk up to it and look at the small wooden duck on wheels; the string tied to the ducky, so when a child walks it looks like it has a pet. That's so freaking adorable!

"Hello there beautiful~"

(Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault- Man tries to kiss you, but you are strong. Skip to the end of this scene.)

I jump at the voice and turn my head; now face to face with a tall buff-looking man. His breath reeked of beer and something else I couldn't name. My heartbeat quickened with fear, seeing how easily this person can overtake me. 

"Hello Sir, do you need something-" The man grabs my wrist suddenly; tightening his grasp. I look up to see his eyes filled with drunken lust, while I try to pull my hand out of his grasp. He huffs and my body hits the wall behind me. Without explanation, he begins to kiss me, from my hand to my arm all the way up while using my free hand to try to punch him continuously; but it does nothing without enough leverage. This cannot be happening!

"Let go of me!"

Before he got to my face; he grabs my waist pulling me closer to him as I turn my head. I wanted to scream but was too focused on leaving the situation. I gritted my teeth and heard my own heartbeat. "Let go of me!"

I thankfully got my other hand away from his grasp, punching him in the jaw. He lets go of me instantly; his drunken body stumbling backward and falling to the ground. I continued to breathe heavily, my hands forming fists but quickly realized what I did.
"I-I...Did I kill him?!" 

(End of Trigger Warning)

I run-up to his body, trying to find a pulse and I did which made me breathe in relief, but as I was doing that I look at the hand marks he left on me, the marks were very visible. Yup, that's another bruise.
I wanted to cry but just held it in, like the rest of them. Stupid drunken man. 
I gained the strength to drag him into a shop that wasn't closing, putting his passed-out body there so it seemed he passed out from drinking too much. Disgusted by touching this man. I look at the situation I was in, looking down at my marked hands. I shook, but clench my fists. I am so much stronger in this world, and won't take that kind of sh*t again. 
With that I walk towards a close-to-closing shop, selling cheap outerwear. I buy myself a thin sweater with the little gold I stole from the drunken man. There. Now it won't look like I did anything or something happened. I just got cold. I turn around to see Gowther suddenly in front of me. 
"GOWTHER!" I quickly cover my mouth, then laugh it off. I act casual but still nervous. Act normal!

"Y/n are you nervous because you just killed someone?"

"W-what! No!"

Gowther walked up to me, suddenly cupping my cheek and looking down at me. His hazel eyes, darken a bit, making my body heat up. He cups my other cheek, completely holding my face to look at him, making me grab his forearm. He comes close. Close enough that I can feel his breath on my skin.
"Or is it because you went off without my permission."
I stood there, shaking at how close he is to me. My heart racing like a runaway train, getting faster and faster.
Gowther backed away and I can see his dark smirk. "I-uhhhhhhh-" What just happened-

I was stopped when Gowther went wide-eyed. I look down at what he was looking at and see my bruised wrist; now a shade of purple. I quickly try to hide the marks, but Gowther grabs my hand, gently touching the marks, but It only caused me to flinch. 
"Who did this to you?" Gowther asked, ish voice sounding darker as if the aura around him went to a serious and scary one. 
"It was nothing Gowther, just forget about it, "I said attempting to pull my hand away but no use.
"Y/n."
I look at Gowther worriedly as he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"Who hurt you?"

I yank my wrist away from his grasp and turn my body away from Gowther.
"Many people," I responded, looking at him upset that he reminded me of the situation. Along with the other situations burdening me in my real life. A life I really don't want to get back to. 

"Don't worry about me okay? I defended myself like always so... just forget it." 

---Gowther's P.O.V---

Y/n was hurt and I wanted to kill the person who hurt her. All the people who hurt her. I can't explain why, but it was something I had to do. Y/n's body turned away from me as she hugs herself. She looks like she is thinking of memories. Memories that hurt her heart.
But, memories are merely Information. Creating or erasing them is not difficult. What I want to understand is the emotion that reaches beyond them.

I look at the book and see the information I have gathered, but I need Y/n to be happy. I want her to be happy. I walk up to Y/n and place my hand on her shoulder. She only stands there.
"It is about to get dark, we must go rest."
She didn't answer, merely nodded.