11.

Esme

   Zayn informed me I was having dinner at his place tonight to meet his parents. He didn't give me any warning, he just dropped the bombshell on me last night. I mean I've seen his parents at dinner parties my family throws. I don't know why I'm so nervous for this. I mean he told me that his parents will love me but I'm still really nervous to meet them as his official girlfriend. It's almost been four months that we've gotten together.

I settle for white skinny jeans with my black and white baseball shirt that has the words midnight dreams scribbled onto the front of the shirt. I'm also wearing black and white converses. My hair is pulled into two french braids. I hear a knock at the door, and I stand up before walking towards the front door opening it.

"Hey baby girl." Zayn states smiling gently at me, as his eyes are sparkling under the light. His black hair is messy and he's just wearing black skinny jeans and a hoodie. I bite down on my bottom lip, maybe I'm over dressed. Zayn must have noticed my conflict, his lips turning into a smile.

     "What's the matter Es?" He asks softly his hand resting against the door frame as he continues looking at me. His face is clean shaven, making him look like he's sixteen again. I sigh softly, as my tongue glides over my bottom lip.

     "You are dressed so casually, am I too over dressed?" I ask softly, Zayn looks at me for a minute before chuckling softly. That makes me frown slightly, since he's basically laughing at me. For what I'm not sure yet.

     "No baby, you look amazing. You're dressed in a casual sense. Don't worry my love. Come on let's get going though." Zayn states softly, holding out his hand for me. I gladly take his hand, before stepping out and closing the door behind me. I follow him out towards his car, my fingers tucking between his.

      The drive towards his house takes about fifteen minutes. I'm way too nervous to even listen to Zayn as he speaks to me throughout the trip. My thoughts are shaken away as he pulls into his driveway.

     "I feel bad for making you pick me up, only for you to come back to yours." I state looking over at him. Zayn hums softly before turning his attention towards me.

     "How else would you came here? Your brother wouldn't have let you use his car and we both know on your parents thoughts on you driving their car." Zayn states causing me to nod in agreement. He gets out after helping me out, his arm wraps around my waist as he pulls me into his frame.

     "I won't be able to kiss you when we step inside. My mom is going to be all over you." Zayn states, before leaning down his lips pressing against mine. I smile against his, before my arms snake around his neck kissing him back. His hands move to rest against my waist, his left hand moving to rest against my lower back.

     As our lips move slowly, his massages my back with his fingers. After a couple seconds I pull away, before pressing a kiss to his cheek. He offers me a smile that makes his eyes light up. Zayn pulls away from me, his hand finding mine as he leads me up the stairs. Even though I've been here several times and once even been into his bedroom for personal reasons.

     His other hand which isn't occupying mine, twists the silver door knob. Pushing the door open, he leads us inside and down the hallway, letting me close the front door. I can hear soft humming and the sweet aroma of potatoes fill my nostrils. He leads me down the hallway, and into the kitchen.

     There is a middle aged woman standing at the stove stirring something in the pot and a middle aged man sitting at the table setting the table. Zayn clears his throat before his, what I'm assuming, mom looks over at us with a blank look before her face lightens up and smiles brightly.