4 - Undisputed Suspicion

The fear of what is to come was unmistakably apparent in every girl's expression, and each of their eyes scanned us one by one, their gazes lingering on the weapons that rested against our chests.

"Look sissy," Nicole mouthed, her feminine voice concealed by the vocal device on her helmet, making her sound like a more violent version of Philip. "Your glare isn't gonna do anything good for you. Apparently all of you are only high in society because of your money, and that's what's gonna save your lives too."

"Does she really have to start a fight with these kids?" Philip scratched the back of his head. I could clearly imagine the puzzled look on his face by now.

The girls that are on the floor are already giving each one of us a sample of their 'queen bee' stares, and Nicole seems to detest it all. The other 4 seated on the couch on the other hand, remained quiet. Though their behavior can be considered as benificial for our side since we hate having to hold rabid girls down, I couldn't stay competent. With my peripheral vision, I kept watch on the dark chocolate-haired brat, noting her stolen glances on the knife strapped around Philip's thigh.

I mentally sighed.

"When are you gonna start dating her anyway?" Philip's words interrupted my vigilant watch, and I almost wanted to throw him outside the window.

"No one's dating anyone."

"She obviously likes you," He teased, playfully slamming a fist against my arm. I angled my face towards him, remaining silent as I let my masked stare get to him.

"Yeah, sure," He bobs his head up and down before making a zipping gesture with his fingers.

The nonsense conversation with Philip was enough to lure my attention away from the dark chocolate-brat that before I could stop her, she has already lunged at Philip, her knee raised and angled towards Philip's groin, nailing him and making him wail in pain. She quickly bent down and reached for the knife on Philip's thigh---who the hell uncuffed her?

Philip's body made a muffled thud as he fell on the floor, his hands pressed on the apex of his thighs. I stepped over him to get closer to Billfort, taking note of the handcuff  that swinged from her left hand.

She definitely has been to jail countless times--and dislocated her thumb countless times in attempts of escaping too. I've got to give her credit---she has skills up her sleeve enough to help her survive an amateur hostage-taking.

"Fúcking bítch!" Philip exclaimed, sounds of him pushing himself up reaching my ears, followed by the sound of his gun on the ready.

"You sure it's okay to shoot hostages?" Dean asked boredly as he remained sitting on a single sofa, one leg over the other.

"As long as we don't kill them," Philip quickly responded, walking and stopping beside me. I stared and watched as Billfort's eyes widened at Philip's words, her shoulders heaving up and down rapidly. I figured she forgot that we have guns with bullets that can actually fly.

It was clearly obvious Philip had lost his cool. Before he could make another stupid decision though, I raised my hand, covering his sight of Billfort.

"What now?" The annoyance on his voice was obvious, and Nicole spoke up before I could reason out.

"Katelyn will have your eggs if that Billfort brat gets even a scratch," Nicole boredly exclaimed. "Let Haywire handle it."

Philip angrily lowered his gun, his heavy breaths audible. I kept my stare at Billfort and noted how tense she stood in front of us, keeping her resolve as she raises the knife in front of her with both of her hands, the handcuff swinging back and forth from her left wrist.