Quinze (FINAL)

Kanda had left the room in a rushed fashion while the blush never escaped his cheeks, and left Zion to wait until morning to escape her room.  He was finally assured she would be fine, so there was no need to stay by her side any longer, though he longed to be with her.

He wasn't sure of the reasoning behind his longing, but he only knew that he had a feeling of emptiness without Zion around him, despite how annoying and bothersome she could be.  But he still returned to his room that had been vacant ever since him, Lavi, and Zion were assigned to the mission.  Even that room felt emptier and more depressing than usual.

When Kanda tossed off his upper clothes that needed to be cleaned, he realized a strange and unpleasant sensation in his strong hand.  It felt like something was missing, but again, he was unsure of what it was in particular, so he disregarded the feeling.

-----------------------

When the sun rose over the horizon, Zion yawned as she stretched her sore muscles.  With the ability to see her surroundings now that the sunlight illuminated her room, she noticed bandages wrapping her wrists where her Innocence emitted through her blood, as well as white gauze pressed around her torso.

Zion forced herself from the comfortable bed, pulling on the only thing remaining in her closet that hadn't been destroyed by her recent encounters with Akuma.  She wore a simple tank that covered her upper body up to her collarbones, and was loose fitting to satisfy her injured body.  She had loose pants that would also aid movement in her stiff, slightly disabled body.  But the clothing did not suit the cold weather of winter as she rubbed the goose-bumps that rose from her arms.

Nonetheless, she walked to the dining hall, craving something to fill her starving stomach.  As expected, Jerry had created a warm bowl of noodles with an herbal broth to supposedly quicken her healing process.

The girl sat at an isolated table to enjoy the food that was graciously accepted by her empty stomach.  Seconds later, she was accompanied by Kanda, whose silky black hair was tousled signifying he had just awoken himself.

"Good morning." Zion sighed, but didn't express a negative persona.

"Morning.  You're able to walk?" Kanda questioned sternly.

"My legs aren't broken, are they?"

Neither of them referred to what had happened the night before, surely not wanting to disrupt their current relationship.

Lenalee approached the two Exorcists while they were enjoying a quiet, well deserved meal.  She seemed sincerely pleased that Zion was up and about, finally proceeding with the next step in her healing process.

After exchanging a few words about how happy the Chinese girl was about Zion's recovery, she turned to Kanda who had been ignoring the conversation.

"Oh, Kanda! My brother wants you in his office." Lenalee mentioned as though she just remembered why she had made the trip to the dining hall.

"Why?" The cold man groaned.

"You have another mission."

"No fair! I want to go!" Zion spoke up, protesting against keeping her within the Headquarters due to inconvenient injuries.

"No." Both Lenalee and Kanda stated in unison, causing the targeted Exorcist to pout her lip.

"Why not?" She whined, though she clearly knew why they wouldn't let her complete the mission.

"Because you're injured." Lenalee laughed kindly.

"So?"

"Next time, Pup." Kanda sighed, ruffling her brown hair again, not helping with her persistent whining and pouting.