The Crown Princes Cometh

Sorry for the delay on this! But, they're finally here! Thank you all for the love and reviews for this story! And since it's Easter weekend you can re-visit the chapters The Wizard of Paas and Who's Your Bunny, if you want,  for holiday fun. xox

Mutiny. It's all the word I have to describe what's happening on this boat as Ana's contractions threaten to deliver our bounty on the planks of the deck our guests are delivering the contents of their stomachs on. I'd imagine something like this did go on in revolutionary America. Like when passengers set sail for the new world and there was an outbreak of small pox or big pox or whatever sized pox were in fashion in the day. This is like some post theatrical apocalyptic nightmare—a new dead president vomiting around every corner.

And the Irish fireworks are still going off! I thought the Irish brought luck!

"Ana!" I call out as I run back to her, with Taylor on my heels. I find her tucked away in the corner I left her in, surrounded by the parental booze cruise quartet and my grandparents, and they're all staring at her like she's a bomb timed and set to explode. "Ana, come with me. I need to get you to our bedroom."

"Christian, I told you!" Grace says.

"Mother, please. For the last time, your son is not a sex maniac!"

Everyone stops and stares, like who are you fooling. Yes, even my mother. And especially Carla... and Bob. How embarrassing.

"We haven't started moving yet." Ana motions to shore as I try to lift her up. Try being the operative word. It's so operative it did surgery on itself and declared the time of death.

"I know, that's why you need to help me." I grunt, my lower back spasming. "We need to go down below."

"Why?"

I need to get her away from this mess while we wait for help, but I don't want to stress her out that her best friend poisoned the entire ship.

"It's more comfortable in bed," I say.

"But, I'm comfortable here. It's a quiet corner," she says.

Not once the traveling plague finds out there are three plants back here with deep pots.

"She had another contraction while you stepped away," Grace says. "We really need to get her to shore."

"Trust me, it's happening," I say. "Once things get moving nothing will stop us."

"That's what I'm afraid of," Grace says.

"Hey Christian, Annie Girl, there's an awful long line at the bathroom," Ray says, clutching his stomach as he approaches. "Is there a private one I can get to real quick?"

"Oh God, has it hit you, too?" I ask, my panic ill contained as I run a hand through my hair and pull. Then I realize it's my wig and I've pulled the flesh at my eye. Fuck that glue is strong!

"Yeah, pretty bad. All of a sudden I felt it."

"I'm so sorry, Ray," I say.

"That's okay," he says. "I mean, I expected it, but a little later."

"A little later?" I ask, confusion furrowed in my brow.

"I guess that fancy lemonade was just too good. I sure surprised my bladder." He laughs

He's not sick?

"You're just urinating?" I ask. "Nothing else? You're sure?"

"Yeah, I guess," Ray says. "I mean, sometimes number two surprises me."