Soul x Reader (Soul Eater)

"Soul! Please! Run!"

Soul Eater Evans, massive dork and love of your life, stood in front of you, shaking and covered in his own blood.

"Soul, please." You sobbed, more from pain for him than for the pain in your broken leg.

"No... I won't... Go... (Y/N)..." His voice stuttered as he gasped for breath, refusing to move, determined to protect you with his own body.

Where was Maka? Where was Black*Star? Where was Kid?

Why was there only you?

The thing in front of Soul twisted grotesquely, the demonic, disgusting spirit of a human that deserved far worse than Hell.

It shrieked and Soul yelled with it, hurling himself against it and sinking his sharp teeth into its body. It shriek turned into more of a wail and it swatted Soul away again, the white-haired boy slamming into the wall beside you.

"Soul..." You cried out as you dragged your leg behind you, moving enough to pull his head into your lap. "Soul..." His breathing was uneven, his heartbeat erratic, and blood covered him. You almost couldn't look at him.

Almost.

His red eyes burned, bright with life, and his hand clutched yours weakly. "(Y/N). I love you..."

"I love you too, Soul, I love you."

"Don't make me go..." His eyes flickered shut and your heart stopped.

"No... No no no no no SOUL!" You shook him, panic momentarily overriding the pain from your wounds. You gathered him into your arms, sobbing and saying his name.

That... That thing that hurt Soul was dragging itself towards you now, a mostly shapeless black mass. It shouldn't have been like this. If you or Soul had had your partners it would have been fine.

That thing would be dead and you would try to take its soul before Soul could, maybe getting in a little 'argument', maybe ending up laughing on the ground as he tried to tickle you into submission. Same as always.

But you'd gotten separated from Maka and your wielder, Marco. And then that thing came out of nowhere and broke your leg. And then it went for Soul. And now you were shivering on the ground, holding Soul's broken, bleeding body and praying that his heart would keep beating.

You shut your eyes, unwilling to watch your death come, when gunshots ripped through the silence.

Kid walked slowly down the street, bullets roaring from his guns, his face twisted in pure rage, fury burning in his golden eyes.

"HOW CAN ANYTHING BE SO ASYMMETRICAL!??!"

You watched, numb, as your end was driven off by bullets and the rage of an OCD. It tried to drag itself away from Kid's fury, but he refused to let anything so disgusting continue to exist.

Only when nothing remained but a soul, glowing faintly, did Kid relax, panting. "Well," he said. "I feel better."

And that's when he saw you. "MAKA! BLACK*STAR! HURRY! I FOUND THEM!" He dropped his guns and they changed halfway to the ground, leaving a very disgruntled Liz and an overly-excited Patty.

When Kid put a hand on your shoulder you flinched, bending over Soul in an effort to protect him. "(Y/N)." Kid crouched down beside you. "It's alright. It's just me, we're here now."

"Kid...?"

Maka had frozen, horror struck, at the sight of her weapon, bloody and unmoving. Black*Star almost barreling into her. Tsubaki put a hand on Maka's shoulder and stayed by her side while Black*Star went to his knees by his friend's side.