Equius x Reader (Homestuck)

"I... I am not sure, Nepeta." Equius shifted awkwardly in front of his moirail, tugging at his hair. The tailed troll huffed and put her hands on her hips.

"Oh hush, you! Pounce!" She jumped the blueblood and he let her take him down. Sitting on the stronger troll's chest, Nepeta crossed her arms and looked down at him. "You know you like her, so just go and tell her! Besides, I've had you two on my shipping wall furrever! It's about time one of those turned out."

"Bu-Bu-But she's a lowblood. I shouldn't even-"

Nepeta stopped Equius' words by laying her tail across his mouth. "We both know you don't actually care about all that. Stop purrtending, sillyface!"

Equius huffed and pushed her off of him as gently as possible. "I'll show you sillyface." The neko squealed and darted away, blue tail fluffed up happily.

"Catch me!" she shouted. "Catch me, catch meeeee!!!"

He chased after her, wondering idly how he managed to get such a silly troll for a moirail. Not that he would change her for anything.

~~~
Officially caught, Nepeta giggled as Equius carried her on his shoulders. "Let's see~" she purred. "Where's that purretty (Y/N) at?" Equius blushed blue and Nepeta pretended not to notice. "I know! Let's go check at Gamzee's, they party sometimes! And by party, I mean drink Faygo and pass out on the floor."

That was true. (Y/N) did seem to enjoy the highblood's company. Gamzee has always been surprising laid back, considering his social status. Even if he tried to give her an order, (Y/N) would probably refuse, maybe even going so far as to pretend to have not heard the highblood's voice.

"Equius? Heeeeey! CT!"

"Huh?" Equius snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at Nepeta. "What is it?"

The girl scrunched up her nose and said, "You're either going to have to think about something else or put me down because you're sweating so much I'm slipping off."

"Oh." He gently lifted Nepeta and placed her down beside him. "Apologies."

Nepeta was making a face and tugging at her wet pants. "Equius, you're so gross!"

"I cannot help it you know."

Nepeta flicked her tail dismissively. "Yeah, yeah. Now come on, let's go get you a matesprit! I'm sure she won't mind your weird sweating problem."

~~~
Gamzee sat beside your sleeping form, one hand an inch from the soft skin of your throat. Your pulse was visible. With eyes just starting to change to purple, he watched your chest rise and fall with steady breaths. He laid his hand on your neck. You shifted, muttered a name, and fell still, not waking. He could feel the shift of brown blood in your veins against his palm and wondered idly how it would feel to tear those veins open.

He blinked and drew back. What kind of thought was that? Not one worth dwelling on, that's for sure. Was that Faygo bottle empty, or...? But before he could check, there was a knock at the door and you woke up, flailing.

"Wuzzat?" Hair tangled up in crazy swirls, you looked towards Gamzee, peering through a curtain of hair. "Who you?"

"I'm just me, doll."

You nodded and laid back down. There was another knock and then a crash as the door was knocked off its hinges. Equius looked shyly around the corner. "Ah... Apologies for the door."

Gamzee waved the apology away. "I's alright brother."

Nepeta frolicked in as well, skipping to Gamzee's side and laying her tail on his head. "Hiiiii!"

"Hey."

A bit away, you sat up once more and attempted to smooth your hair back with one hand. "Whu...? Oh, hey Equius. Wuzzup, Nepeta?"

The greenblood waved her tail at you in greeting and said, "Nothing much. Equius just wants to tell you something impurrtant!"

"Impurrtant?" You finished with your hair and stood up, Gamzee following and moving to your side. Your still-mostly-grey eyes flicked to Equius and you tipped your head at him. "What is it?"

"Uh... Uh, uh, I..." Equius tugged at his dark hair and looked away, prompting Nepeta to go whack him upside the head. "Ouch, Nepeta."

"Sorry."

He gave her a disappointed look and you stifled a laugh. They really were the cutest moirails. Gamzee had been steadily shifting closer to you and finally just hugged you from behind and laid his chin on your shoulder with a happy sigh. You patted his hand, still looking at Equius. Was he going to say what he wanted, or not?

But the blueblood was staring at Gamzee now, his expression a mix of confusion and hopelessness. Nepeta's tail was fluffed up. "Hey!" She half-hopped a step closer and turned to look at Equius, "You gunna ask or am I going to have to infurrvene." Equius looked down and Nepeta stuck her tongue out at him. "For a big strong guy, you sure are a little wriggler!"

He glared at her over the top of his cracked glasses and she just stuck her tongue out again before turning back to you. "Hey, hey."

Gamzee pressed his cheek against yours, "Me or her?"

Nepeta made a motion with her tail and said, "Both. What quadrant are you guys in."

"It's a motherfucking moiraillegiance." Gamzee gave a dreamy grin. "Isn't that just a miracle?"

Nepeta turned to Equius with a smug expression. "What would you do without me?"

Equius gave her a look of soft affection. "Nothing good, probably."

"Purrobably, you mean."

He patted her on the head, as gently as possible and glanced back at you. You looked between the two moirails, utterly confused. Why did Nepeta want to know what quadrant Gamzee filled? Did she want to be your matesprit? No, that made no sense, anyone who knows Nepeta knows how flushed she is for Karkat. Sooooo... Equius? Did Equius wanna be your matesprit and she came along as a wingman? Oh that is so cute.

You turned your head and said quietly to Gamzee, "I think Equius came to ask me to be his matesprit."

"Now that's a motherfucking miracle."

Gamzee didn't bother to speak quietly, not that you'd expected him to, and both Equius and Nepeta looked over. Gamzee gave another crooked grin and let you go. "How 'bout you beat him to the punch?"

"My thoughts exactly." You skipped forward and grabbed Equius' hands. His face flushed blue and he started to sweat nervously. You made a face as his hands got damp and said, "The chronic sweating is a little weird, but do you want to be my matesprit?"

Nepeta squealed. "HE DOOOO!"

Equius shook his head and said, "Nepeta is correct, though her grammar could use some slight correction..."

You laughed and got on your tiptoes to kiss the blueblood on the lips. "You're adorable." Giving Nepeta a wink, you continued, "Pawsitively adorable."

Nepeta squealed louder. Equius' sweating got worse. Gamzee crawled out a window for some undetermined reason. You grinned.

One more quadrant filled. Noice.