Trouble With May (nothing new there!) Part 2

Clint and Natasha walked into the kitchen to silence, determinedly looking away from the other. Natasha sat down next to Skye who jumped and moved her chair away. Clint glared at Natasha who glared at him back.

"You lying, dirty, cheating, sneaky, stupid moron," Clint said suddenly, startling Fitz. "How could you not tell me?"

Natasha refused to answer, stopping a smile from appearing on her face. Skye looked between the two nervously.

"I'm smarter than you, just so you know," she said.

Clint stared at her.

"And you're the moron. Did you really not realise it was ketchup and some putty?" Natasha grinned.

Clint stared more. "I despise you."

"I know," came the answer.

Coulson walked in, arm around Melinda making it look like they were friends even though he was really stopping her from running away. He didn't seem to notice she looked ready to murder him.

"Melinda!" Clint yelled, running over and hugging her, spinning around in circles.

Melinda gasped in surprise and exhaled slowly, squirming to try and get out of his grip. Natasha snickered when Melinda kicked him in frustration and very nearly got his special area. Clint yelped and let go, hurriedly backing away.

"You almost got him," Natasha grinned.

"I know. Shame I didn't, really," Melinda sighed, then wished she hadn't because her stitches were still at risk of being pulled.

Natasha noticed her stiffening and sent her a warning look. "Can you show me where the gym is, Mel?" she asked.

Melinda raised an eyebrow. "Haven't you already hacked the Bus?"

"Of course, but I do like your company. The male gender gets incredibly annoying after a while," Natasha said.

"Fine. Lead the way," Melinda said, following after the redhead.

When they were in the gym Natasha pinned a surprised Melinda to the floor and lifted up her T-shirt to check the wound. Two of the stitches had come loose and blood was slowly seeping out.

"Bad day to wear white. Lucky you aren't," Natasha joked.

"Yes. Mind letting me up?" Melinda asked.

"If you promise to go to your med bay in the next seen minutes," Natasha bargained.

Melinda thought. If she refused, Natasha would never let her up. If she agreed, Coulson would know and he would refuse to let her take part in the next missions.

"If you don't tell Phil," Melinda said.

"Done," Natasha agreed.

"Too late," Coulson said, standing in the doorway with Clint beside him. Melinda could see the rest of the team behind the two. "Now, how on earth did you do this?"

Melinda opened her mouth to smart mouth him but he gave her a warning look that let her know he wouldn't let her go on missions for the rest of her life is she didn't answer.

"Wouldn't you like to know," she said.

"Close," he said. "Now try it without the snark."

Melinda repeated it monotonously. Skye stifled a laugh. Coulson came over and crouched behind Melinda's head so she had to either twist uncomfortably or bend backwards and risk pulling all her stitches. She risked it.

Clint laughed and shut the door as everyone came in. Natasha's phone rang. Clint took it and answered it.

"Maria? ... What? ... Yeah, we're in the gym. ... No, you can't drink all of Tasha's vodka without me! ... Shut up and get here. We've got an injured May to squeeze info out of."