Chapter 9

•Annabelle•

I was currently sat in a spacious apartment on a sofa with three guys sitting opposite me, all staring, all silent. To be honest...

It was creeping me out.

One of the guys was Isaac, one the infamous Derek and the other one Derek's psycho uncle or something.

"STOP STARING AT ME FOR FU@*s sake!" I cry exasperated, I already felt my impending doom, I didn't need this.

Isaac and Derrick jumped a little but the psycho didn't.

I scoffed at him but he kept a straight face, I couldn't tell what he was thinking and maybe it was bad but I was sure he was doing this mental stare just to be bitter too, well it was working anyway; he was getting on my last nerve.

Derrick and his uncle shared a knowing look and I sighed. I'm not giving then a chance to omit information, I need to know so if they won't tell me voluntarily I'll force it out of the bastards.

"What? What does that mean?" I asked irritably, giving them death glares but apparently killing people with a look isn't a side effect of my bite... Currently, I'm starting to think that's a bad thing.

"Tell her." The psycho prompts

Derek looks at me as if trying to suss out if I'm able to handle the news he's about to tell me and clears his throat.

"We think it's the script of Carrogh"he says looking vaguely worried.

"English please?" I ask not caring if I sound rude or not, it's obvious I need to show I'm not a pushover. I'm in danger now, I can't afford to show any weakness.

He stands up and paces back and forth, making gestures with his hands. "Animals can sense danger. We think there's a supernatural disaster coming but we don't know what. It's big, it's fatal and it's coming our way. That's why all these animals have been freaking out." He explains.

"Freaking out?!" I say sceptically, standing up and pacing up and down the room. "They were so caught up in running away they accidentally died!"

"No." He protests. "They weren't running away."

I give him a confused look crossing my arms and waiting for the explanation.

"Their deaths weren't accidental, those animals wanted to die rather than face what's coming." I didn't expect that... I gasped and an unfamiliar squeezing took place in my stomach. Yes, that's called my blood running cold with fear.

"W-what does that have to do with my scar?"

He hesitates and I glare at him.

"Tell me"

"The good news is your not a sacrifice." I remember Stiles telling his theory about those and sigh in relief. This Druid fake is copying old rituals to gain power. He or she needs to sacrifice different groups of people, each with three. The first sacrifice was three virgins and I can't really remember the rest. All I know is that it is a massive relief not to be one of the three next. But I can't relax so soon, whatever Derek was about to say could be much, much worse and as I half expected, it was.

"But.. Whatever's coming, it's controlled by someone. They want revenge, they want death but most of all they want power. That means they're weak right now, that's what the sacrifices are for... strength. But they can't do it on their own. They need..."

"Need?" I continue desperately.

"Help, they can't get anyone willing. So they have to get someone under their control."