Chapter 11

•Annabelle•

"Annabelle..."

"Annabelle..." The faceless figure whispers, seething. Every utter or sound leaving it's a mouth slicing me open like a meat cleaver.

"No!" I shout in protest. How was it still able to get to me, how was I so numb and unfeeling as so not to fight back and thwart it's evil once and for all?

"I'm coming" it continues to taunts. It talks more like a friend than a foe, reminding me that in some ways we were alike and that I couldn't defeat it because in some ways under it's control I was it... whatever it was.

"Watch out Annabelle" I stare deep into the darkness, no somber clouds or illuminating moons to greet me.

"I'm coming" it repeats. I feel it get closer and closer, the creepy breathing getting nearer. Then I feel it blowing on my neck and freeze in fear.

Before I can react a cold hand grips my shoulder like a clamp.

"You're mine." It says aggressively.

Then it drags me.

"NOO!" I scream, desperately trying to grab hold of something but only clawing at soil.

The tree opens like a mouth, a swirling black hole that I'm about to be consumed in. It'd only be a matter of seconds.

"NOOO!"

3.

"Please! Someone help!"

2.

"Please! Noooo!"

1.

"Aghhhhhh!"

I wake up, sweaty and panicked. I sit in shock and then pat myself to make sure I have all my limbs. I'm still in Derek's apartment, in the same room.

But...
That had to be real

I can't deal with this for much longer.

The suspense, it was killing me. I felt so weak and I hated it.

Was it really my so called 'master' standing there in the bushes at that fairground.

Thinking about it gave me the creeps so I thought about my other problem...
Stiles.

After that long, eventful day I had so much to think about.

I liked Stiles, I really did. He was amazing and the moment couldn't be any more perfect than it had been. He'd gone on a scary, tall ride just for me when he was actually terrified of heights. I know that was his way of showing me that he wouldn't hurt me, that he'd protect me.

But... I was still scared he might. What if... what if I became something so damn horrible that he'd hate me forever. I'm under someone else's control, I could hurt someone close to him or even him himself. Never mind him, I wouldn't forgive myself for that.

So much has happened in so little time and it's almost too much to take. Could I handle a relationship now?

It'd be too vulnerable, in danger. I'm not ready yet, I'm still afraid of getting hurt and I know it's pathetic but I have a history of pain that no one knew about here.

No one knew anything about me here.

Stiles knew my mother left, he knows. But he doesn't know all the stuff that happened before or after and I'm not ready to tell anyone that yet.

My mom, sometimes she's my only hope and sometimes she's my only regret. Occasionally I wonder if she had to leave, maybe she did love me and all I'd want was to be in her arms and feel the soft cotton of her angora cardigan. But at other times I hated her with a passion, she ruined me. I'm a broken glass and you just can't put it back together again no matter how much glue or cello tape you use the water will always spill out of the cracks.